Thursday, October 16, 2014

HIS strength is never zapped!

Good Morning Friends!!!  Wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!  Yesterday after I got off work, Kim had a couple chores we needed to do….first, at long last we got to move Chloe and Eyore (my miniature donkeys) from wayyyyyyyyyy back behind the house back to their regular little home in the front yard where I can see them from my kitchen window.  At a certain point they run out of grass there so we have to put them out in another pasture and I miss seeing them and giving them treats every day.  So last night was the time, I was excited, but had not considered their temperaments after a lengthy stay in a big pasture….oh my goodness, did Kim and I ever have a run (literally) for our money!!!!  But finally, they walked right into to their pen…..darn stubborn donkeys.  OK, that done we headed to a neighbor’s house to get a hay ring made specifically for horses/donkeys!  I wasn’t sure exactly what “picking up” the feeder would entail, but was sure I was up for it.  Hmm, it was huge and quite heavy I might add and I was a bit apprehensive as I listened to Kim telling me how we would lift it up and slid on the back of the truck….alrighty then….here we go.  Not without some grunting and groaning we completed the job and headed home…..to unload it in the their pen.  Oh boy, I got out and got Kim backed up to fence, helped him unstrap it and took my position to help hoist it over the fence….Oh my gosh, this is so heavy and I am so tired….the thought ran through my mind, “good grief, this is no job to attempt at the end of a long day!  First thing in the morning ok, I’m all over it, but now, 7 pm, worked all day…..not sure I can do it.”  And Kim was not much better off than me, he had worked really hard all day and was ready to be done….take off his boots and relax!  Well, it wasn’t pretty, but we did finally manage to get it unloaded; Kim headed to the house while I went to feed rabbits and lock up the chickens….Gosh I thought, “sure am glad that our Heavenly Father never gets tired….morning, noon or the middle of the night!  No siree, HE is always up for the task, whatever it is that we might need….HIS strength is never zapped, HE’S never worn out from a long day, overwhelmed by too much to do….Our FATHER is on the job, all-knowing, all-powerful, all the time!  Oh Father, me oh my, thank you for never being too tired for us.  We are so blessed.  Increase our faith and gratitude to Your glory!
 
 
For Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat, when the blast of a the terrible ones is as a storm against the wall.  Isaiah 25:4.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the stronghold of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26.  He who fears the Lord has a strong fortress.  Proverbs 14:26. “ I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”  Revelation 1:8. 
Love you all!
 
Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment