Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15, 2012

 
Good Morning Friends!  Mighty is our God, Monday!  Remember a few weeks ago I told you about a major project the my husband is working on?  He did his research, made a plan, bought materials, and now the work has begun!  And what a job it is going to be…..Last Saturday was his first day to start constructing….he had a helper to weld and the two of them started off to the shop about 7:30.  After cleaning up the breakfast mess, I headed out to the kennels to do not only my usual Saturday cleaning, but all of Kim’s part too…..I was ok with that though, figured I could be done about noon and then I had big plans to spend some time doing some very much needed cleaning and book work!  I was actually looking forward to the time to get some things done that had been bugging me!  Well, about 10, Kim called and asked me if I would bring him some tea and a jug of water for his helper…said I would be there in a few…..found a good stopping point and headed up to the shop with tea, water, and a snack.  They were hard at it….David was set up welding outside and Kim was cutting the metal for him as quick as he could.  I was not prepared for what my husband had to say…..”hey, when you get done down there, sure could use you up here, so much to cut….I sure could use your help.”  Oh my gosh…..Please NO, I have big plans for this day….was my thought, but by the look on his face and the desperate plea in his voice, I knew he was serious and I was needed.  So…I went back to house, finished up kennels, put on my clothes more suited to cutting metal and headed back up to the shop.  By the size of the load of material on the trailer I knew my work was cut out for me!  The project requires building lots of racks so when we cut, we cut anywhere from 60 to 120 pieces of the same size.  All of which had to be hauled out to be welded……the last piece we cut was out of heavy flat medal, we cut 112 pieces 3 inches long…..after they were cut they had to go to the drill press and get 2 holes drilled in each one……oh my gosh….what a tedious job!  My part of the job was to keep oil on the bit in order to keep it from getting too hot.  Kim explained to me that if the bit gets too hot it will break.  So, I took hold of my oil can and got to squeezing….my gosh what a boring job and a little dangerous too as I had to remove each piece without getting my hand in the moving drill…….Standing there with my squirt can waiting for the holes to be drilled, I couldn’t help but think how boring the job was, but so very important!   The holes had to be drilled and if there was no bit……from there my thoughts went to our Heavenly Father…..Oh what a job He has “drilling His love” into us!  At times I know that are hearts and minds are much harder than that metal…..and yet I know that He never gets bored with drilling His love into our hearts and minds, pouring the precious oil of His love on us so that we don’t break…..loving us, forgiving us, guiding us, protecting us, providing all that we need……Father, thank you for never getting bored with our hard hearts and minds as You continuously pour Your love on us.  Forgive us Father…..

“With everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you,” says the Lord your Redeemer.  Isaiah 54a;8. The Lord is compassionate and gracious, slow to anger, abounding in love.  Psalm 103:8.  We must pay more careful attention, therefore, to what we have heard, so that we do not drift away.  Hebrews 2:1.   As the Holy Spirit says:  “Today, if you hear His voice, do not harden your hearts.”  Hebrews 3:7-8. Let us love one another, for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and Knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  1 John 4:7-8. 

Praise Him, Praise Him all you little children….God is LOVE, God is LOVE!    Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment