Thursday, October 18, 2012

October 18, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  My granddaughter, Hailey….you know Tucker’s mom….Tucker my great-grandson who happened to be 3 months old yesterday……Well, Hailey has been in a real snit lately about her extra pounds since she had Tucker.  She was sure that by 3 months she would be fit and trim again….nope not happening.  Sunday, she had planned to go see Clark at the fire station; she called me just having a fit….declaring that she wasn’t going because she didn’t have anything to wear…..she was ranting and raving like a mad woman….I tried to calm her down, but I just had to laugh……she was bound and determined to not buy bigger pants…..Yesterday she called me after a trip to Walmart….she said, “Nana, you know how I have been whining about my weight, no clothes to that fit?  Nana, I have actually been throwing temper tantrums about not having anything to wear because of my extra weight…temper tantrums….screaming, crying……” “ Well, honey”…..I tried to console her but she interrupted me.  “Nana, I just came from Walmart, I was in a grouchy mood because I didn’t have anything to wear and I feel like a fat pig and then I saw a woman…..Oh Nana, it was so sad…..she had been burned so badly that she had no hair on her head….no hair Nana and her whole body was covered in terrible scars….but Nana, she was smiling, happy….Nana, she had no hair and she was smiling and she was wearing shorts with scars on her legs.  Nana I am ashamed of myself!!!  Here I am acting hateful, grouchy, throwing tantrums because my jeans don’t fit.  I am so sorry!”  I could tell by her tone that she was truly ashamed of herself and that she had learned a very valuable life-lesson.  We talked about her experience and I told her I was proud of her, that when we can really see how blessed we are we truly give God the praise He deserves.  I was about to say goodbye, but I could tell she had more she wanted to say….”Nana, that really got to me, I have so much to be thankful for, yet I am so ungrateful….I complain about a bad hair day and that lady had no hair…..I gripe about my stretch marks, but I have Tucker.  Nana if we just look and think for a minute even the things we think are bad have blessings in them……We have so much……”  Hailey really had her eyes, mind and heart opened  by the woman in Walmart….a most valuable lesson for each of us…..Father forgive our whining and open our hearts to truly see and appreciate all the blessings in our lives….help us to see Your love and goodness in everything, even when we think it’s not so good because we know that You work all things for good.

But Joseph said to them, “Don’t be afraid.  Am I in the place of God?  You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”  Genesis 50:19-20.  For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.  Psalm 100:5.  He who seeks good finds goodwill, but evil comes to him who searches for it.  Proverbs 11:27.  Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe.  Hebrews 12:28.  Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and Hi wonderful deeds.  Psalm 107:21.  Everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving.  1 Timothy 4:4.  Amen!  Praise and glory and wisdom and thanks and honor and power and strength be to our God for ever and ever.  Amen!  Revelation 7:12.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment