Thursday, October 4, 2012

October 4, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  Well, at the ripe old age of 61 and now the owner of a car with cruise control, I am proud to say I have finally figured out how to use it!!!!  Didn’t take me too long, did it….!!!  I am really enjoying setting my speedometer on 65 as I get on the highway…..my little black car has a tendency to want to fly when it gets on the highway, so by setting the cruise my worries about getting a ticket are alleviated!!!  I really like that….This morning, I was a little late leaving the house, so I encountered more traffic on the highway than usual…..at one point I had to press on the break, releasing the cruise control and slow down…..As I was sitting at the stop light near the office, gloating about my cruise control, I felt that familiar tap on my shoulder…..Yes Father….ok, I am sorry for gloating, but sure like that cruise control!  “Kathie, not here about your gloating, but do watch that….about cruise control……You know, I too offer a form of “cruise control”   “Father, what the heck are you talking about??!!”   “Now, Kathie…..be still and think about it for just a minute…..think about setting your life on my ‘cruise control.’  Set your life on ME and don’t hit the brake when things aren’t going just your way……Set your life on ME……let ME be your total, constant guide….let ME be in control……..Trust and Believe in My will for your life…..not just the big stuff…..everything….every day…….every which but loose from Me!!!!  I love you, I want what’s best for you!  Relax…..be still…..set My cruise and be ready to be blessed!”  Wow, Father….You are so smart…..don’t understand why you love us so much, but sure glad You do!  Help us be strong in our faith so we willingly let You be in control of our lives!  And thanks for the many blessings!  Father I just love the colors of fall! 

The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of His heart through all generations.  Psalm 33:11.  The mind controlled by the Spirit is life and peace.  Romans 8:6.  Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and His wonderful deeds.  Psalm 107:21.  “I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11.  I guide you in t the way of wisdom and lead you along straight paths.  When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.  Proverbs 4:11:12.  Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.  Remember, O Lord, your great mercy and love for they are from of old.  Psalm 25:5-6.  Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord.  Proverbs 16:20.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment