Wednesday, October 24, 2012

October 24, 2012


Good Morning Friends! Wow, sure is wonderful to be His child, Wednesday! This morning I was sitting in my cozy chair, in the dark, having a good visit with our Heavenly Father…..all was quiet until…..until my donkey (actually Hailey’s donkey, down for a visit with his girlfriend) started braying like the world was coming to an end! My first thought was…..Oh my gosh, how obnoxious, he knows I am not coming out there this morning…but then I just had to smile….silly donkey, what a racket he makes just to get my attention….There in the quiet darkness of the morning I smiled again thinking about me yesterday…oh heck so many days! Oh, I am sure my pleas sounded as obnoxious as Eyore’s braying….Oh my do I bray at God? Do I just cry out in the darkness sounding desperate and out of control? Yes…..I know that at times….like yesterday……I do……but, I think that our Heavenly Father smiles when I do…not because I am suffering, but because He wants us to come to Him……He knows the source of our pain and He is the only one that can fix it…..and HE wants to fix it and He rejoices when we come to HIM!!! Why oh why are we as stubborn as a……donkey sometimes!!!!! Oh Father, thank you for your attentive ears, Your open arms, Your endless love!
You turned my wailing into dancing, you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. Oh Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever. Psalm 30:11-12. But I trust in you O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” My times are in your hands; deliver me from my enemies and from those who purse me. Let your face shine on your servant; save me in your unfailing love. Psalm 31: 14-16
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment