Monday, November 5, 2012

November 5, 2012


Good Morning Friends!!!!! My oh my, I am glad I am HIS Monday!!!! This morning I loaded up all my bags for work (they call me the bag lady here) and headed out the door. I was feeling quite spiffy in my zebra print dress and sporting my high heels…..Now if you have ever been to my house you know about the wooden ramp that my husband built, but for those of you that haven’t let me describe it a bit; it’s a bit steep….short and steep, I guess because of the steps it was built over and the size of the screen porch. Anyway, needless to say I try to always be careful when I head down, especially when sporting the high heels…you know the ones with the thin heals. This morning was no exception, loaded my bags and headed out the door. I hadn’t taken 3 steps down the ramp when my right heal got stuck between the boards…..a first and I hope a last! My heart and mind were both racing as my leg buckled at the knee and I was headed down. Praise God, somehow I managed to get control of my body, pull my heal out, and stay on my feet! As I stood up, I took a deep breath, said a thank you prayer and headed to my car, knowing I had been blessed because I could have really hurt myself! As I got in the car I couldn’t help but think that if I wasn’t somewhat physically fit….you know, if I didn’t exercise (not as much as I should, but I do try) and eat half way healthy I very well may not have had the strength or dexterity to hold myself up and get my balance. Because I take care of myself I was able to ward off a potentially serious fall. Hmm, oh goodness don’t we face potentially serious “falls” everyday….”falls” into worldly temptations? Falls….like the temptation to gossip, ignore a friend in need, criticize unjustly….these falls might not seem too serious, but left unattended…..oh my the pain and hurt that happens. So, you are asking what does your near fall have to do with this. If we are spiritually fit….if we spend time every day with our Heavenly Father, in prayer and His word we will be able to ward off potentially serious “falls.” We will be strong and balanced in our daily lives, being spiritually healthy His light will shine brightly through us to others….well heck our light might even help others to avoid “potentially serious falls” making the world a brighter place. Heavenly Father, help us to stay fit by spending time with YOU, the most important time in our days….Help us to share your love with others, generously!
Those who live according to the sinful nature have their minds set on what that nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the spirit have their minds set on what the nature desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires. Romans 8:5. What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humble with your God. Micah 6:8. The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age. Titus 2:11-12. Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! 2 Peter 3:18.
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment