Thursday, February 14, 2013

February 14, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully LOVED by HIM, Thursday!  “We LOVE because HE first Loved us.”  1 John 4:19.  Love is in the air today…..spread a little love…..So many songs about love, but my most favorite of all is , “Jesus Loves Me.”  What better reason could motivate us to “love” than the fact that Jesus us loves us so much He gave His life for us.  There is an excitement in the air today…..kind of silly I suppose, but what could be better than a little extra love, a day to put aside self and give to others….there’s nothing that says February 14th is just a day for couples……I say it’s a day for love…..a little more love than usual…a day to stop and think what we might be able to do to, “Be devoted to one another in brotherly love.  Honor one another above yourselves.” (Romans 12:10).   We don’t need a dozen roses to say love, how about a beautiful smile, an unexpected compliment, an extra minute to listen, maybe a hug, or a prayer, text an old friend, call your mom…..heck call your dad…..there’s no one that has too much love….even if they don’t reciprocate or seem happy about your “love gesture” you planted a seed and I guarantee you brightened a day….And that brings a smile to our Heavenly Father, who “…loved the world (us so much) that He gave His one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life.”  (John 3:16).  Now that’s LOVE…..”We love because God first loved us,” still does, always will, now and forever…..”Let us love one another, for love comes from God….God is love.” (1 John 4:7-8.  Father, thank you for LOVING us so much!  Give us faithful hearts and willing spirits to , “Keep on loving each other.”  Hebrews 13:1.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.  If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have  not love, I gain nothing.  Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not rude.  It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoice with the truth.  It always protect, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  Love never fails.  1 Corinthians 13:1-8.  Love one another deeply from the heart.  1 Peter 1:22.
Happy LOVE day! Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment