Tuesday, February 26, 2013

February 26, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty is our God, Monday!  Saturday is always a manual labor day for me- kennels, fodder, feeding, you name it and I am always tired, maybe a back ache for a bit, but last Saturday…Yikes!  Kim and I were pushed for time, so we decided to divide and conquer rather than work together like we usually do.  This decision left one big chore that Kim usually does to me….it required me to step up and down on a chair, many times…..up, down….up down…..I finished just fine, actually quite proud of what I had accomplished all by myself!  My legs felt a little tired, but heck didn’t give it a second thought right….why I am not an exercise guru by any means, but I do take pride in working out several times a week at home, the gym, the office treadmill, so it never occurred to me that my chair adventure would get to me!  Stayed busy the rest of Saturday, had Hailey and Tucker for dinner and bath never thought about my legs again.  Yesterday, after church I fixed lunch and Kim and I took a little nap (my favorite Sunday afternoon treat)…Kim’s phone woke us…we had sheep in the road….again!  He jumped up and went to get them, I sat in the chair for just a minute and then got up…..Whoa!!!!  What the heck….I could hardly stand up the front of my legs hurt so bad!  I knew immediately that my chair excursion was to blame, but I was really quite surprised….after all…..I exercise regularly, right!  I shouldn’t be sore….Well, after hobbling around for a little while, feeling a bit appalled at myself the thought occurred to me…What a good reminder that we are never in as good of shape as we could be… you know we can always work to be better!  As I helped Kim gather up sheep and work on dinner for the kids my mind (well my legs were killing me…) continued to dwell on working harder…today when I go to the gym, I need to try a new machine, work a different part of my body…..Being physically fit is really important, but how about being spiritually fit!!!!  Sure couldn’t hurt to work a little harder at that could it!!!!!  Just because we go to church doesn’t mean we are spiritually fit…right…..there’s so much more we can do, so many spiritual machines to try for a good workout!  Lots of time with our Heavenly Father shapes us up, but we must never think that we know everything we need to know about Him and His love for us…..worship, bible study, prayer time……feeling better already!  Father, asking You to give us the motivation to shape up our spiritual lives and thanking You for forgiving us when we get a bit out of shape!

Jesus said, “Remain in me, and I will remain in you.  No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine.  Neither can you bear fruity unless you remain in me.  I am the vine; you are the braches…apart from me you can do nothing.”  John 15:4-5.  The grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men.  It teaches us t say “No” to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age.  Titus 2:11-12.  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 3:13-14.  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever!   2 Peter 3:18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment