Wednesday, February 6, 2013

February 6, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully filled with His love Wednesday!  The other day I was just getting in the car to leave the gym when a lady going in tapped on my window, pointed at my rear passenger- side tire and said, “Did you know your tire is low?”  I said no and started to get out, but she said it’s ok, just probably should get some air.  I headed straight to Super Lube to get some air; sure enough, darn thing was pretty low….way too low to drive on.  Well, I got my gauge and filled it, thankful that someone had taken the time to let me know.  I didn’t really think about it much over the weekend, but Monday I thought, maybe I need to check that tire……Yup!!  Good thing I did, almost flat….I mean just right there…..back to the Super Lube I went….I called Kim and asked him if he had any of that fix a flat stuff in a can and told him how low the tire was after just filling on Friday.  He told me in no uncertain terms to take the care to a tire shop and get it fixed!  So, yesterday off to the tire shop I went…..when I picked the car up at lunch my tire was good to go!  Hole patched and filled with air…..I drove off thankful and happy that I was good to go again and without incident, but I couldn’t help thinking how that poor tire looked so pathetic before getting fixed….all the air gone……flat…...Oh boy ….Sometimes…..oh gosh, yes…sometimes I plum feel flat!  I feel like all the air has leaked out and there’s nothing left of me…….spiritually, emotionally flat…like I drove over a pile of nails that punctured my spirit, leaving me flat.  I have to wonder about myself…..why do I let myself get so “flat”  when it’s so easy to get fixed…..refilled.  Our Heavenly Father can fix our leaks…He wants to…..We go flat because we don’t spend enough time with Him….everyday….no matter how busy we are….heck the busier our lives are the more time we need to spend with Him, plugging our leaks….before we become flat, exhausted, overwhelmed, depressed……Yea, if we can keep a conversation going with Him all day long we won’t need any fix a flat!!!!!  Heavenly Father, thanks for always being there to fix our leaks and fill us with Your love.

You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light.  With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.  Psalm 18:28-29.  Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you.  He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalm 55:22.  If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,” even the darkness will not be dark to you;  the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. for you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:11-14.  Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and His understand no one can fathom.  Isaiah 40:28-29.  Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  Psalm 62:5.  Restore us, O God; make your face shine upon us.  Psalm 80:3.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment