Friday, February 1, 2013

February 1, 2013

Good Morning Friends! Forever loved by Him, Friday!!!  My husband was out of town yesterday, so I had to feed all the dogs when I got home last night.  I had talked to Kathyrn in the afternoon and told her I would be feeding both kennels after work, well for heaven’s sake, when I got home she and Cooper, and Katy were there and almost done feeding….how sweet was that!   I hurried into the house to change so I could go out and help them finish; Kim called and said that the neighbor that had feed the big animals didn’t realize that we had feeder lambs that needed to be fed, so……honey you will have to feed them.  We just got them last weekend so he had to explain to me what and how much.  Kathyrn and the kids were happy to go with me;  first stop was the fodder factory to harvest one 5- gallon bucket of fodder….Cooper followed me out the door, but I was in front of him so I didn’t notice when he stepped full on into a mud puddle (remember Cooper is in a cast and wears that boot thing for a shoe).  I didn’t notice, but his Mom did and she was not happy….Poor Cooper, she picked him up, pulled off the boot, put him back in the car, and told him to stay there!  Oh my goodness, he was so upset, just cried and cried you know how it is when you are 3!  Of course, Katy went in to get the fodder with us, so that upset Cooper all the more!  We got our bucket full, loaded it in the car and headed up the hill to feed the lambs, once again, Mommy made Cooper stay in the car (it was cold and windy and he had no shoe…..).   And once again, Katy went with us and joyfully helped fill the troughs with hay while Cooper continued to cry…..a tare at Nana’s heart, pathetic, whimpering, whining, almost tears kind of cry……he never stopped.  No matter what I did or said to him he continued to cry.  Back at the house Katy came in with me to borrow some hot dogs for dinner and get a popsicle…..we could hear Cooper all the way on the porch.  I cut the popsicle in half, half to Katy and half to Cooper….NOT!  Cooper was way too busy being pathetic to even have a popsicle…a blue one at that, wrapped in a napkin so his fingers wouldn’t get cold….Oh my, now that is bad!  Poor Cooper…..later in the evening I couldn’t help but think how pathetic Cooper had been and how he missed out on fun times with me and all the animals because of it.  Cooper was simply feeling sorry for himself.  Ding Dong….I heard the bell……how often in our lives do we act like Cooper, feeling sorrow for ourselves, missing out on so many blessings…..so many happy times with friends and family…..even to the point of making ourselves physically sick because of our attitude.  Life does suck sometimes…..we do step in puddles…..get our boots wet….get stuck in the car…how we handle it makes all the difference…..If we snuff out the light of God’s love with a pathetic attitude we are only hurting ourselves….missing out on fun times with our Heavenly Father…..Let’s choose to be happy, positive uplifting…..not by ourselves, nope….can’t do it alone….got to Ride with our Heavenly Father….lean on HIM….give HIM the puddles and take the blessings!  “Don’t worry, be happy!”  Thanks Father for hanging in there with us when we step in puddles.

A happy heart makes the face cheerful.  Proverbs 15:13.  I have learned t be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  Philippians 4:11-12.  I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.  Isaiah 41:13.  Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.  1 Peter 5:7.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6.  Let the light of Your face shine upon us, O Lord.  You have filled my heart with greater joy than when their grain and new wine abound.  Psalm 4:6-7.

Love you all!

Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment