Tuesday, February 5, 2013

February 4, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Tuesday!  I was already up this morning when I heard Kim get up, first thing he said was, “we are fogged in.”  Oh great I thought, but didn’t really stress about it because often times Kim over reacts about such things as fog.  A little later while I was eating breakfast, Kathyrn called to report….”It’s foggy, you better leave a little early.”  Well, great I thought, but still didn’t fret much….it wasn’t until I got in my little black car and headed down 1600 that I could no longer deny the truth…..It was foggy!  Well, I don’t know about you, but I do not like driving in the fog……ordinary things seem distorted, even the sounds of the road seem heavier, kind of looming…..driving in the fog is very disorientating to me.  So, needless to say, I was not particularly excited as I headed to work….especially on 1600 where there are no lines on the road….I felt much better when I got onto a road with lines….a solid white line on the right edge and the broken yellow lines in the center of the road.  With lines on both sides of me I was able to stay focused, I felt safer…..There was no break in the fog this morning……thick fog engulfed me all the way to work.  Sometimes our lives seem to be engulfed in a thick fog……bills, stress at work, health, children, lack of direction and motivation….the fog of life’s problems can get so thick that it’s like driving on a road with no lines…..we go blindly, alone, not knowing what looms around the next curve or how we will handle it…..This morning before I had lines on the road, I was so tense, I gripped the steering wheel so tight my knuckles were white…..once I had lines I relaxed some….the lines guided me.  When our drive through life is foggy, we are not alone…..we have “life lines” to guide us….First step to get through the fog….prayer!  Engulf yourself in conversation with our Heavenly Father…..He knows what you are going through…..lean on Him, feel your body relax……feel the fog lift as you read His word, praise Him for all that He has done for you, thank Him for all the blessings you know are coming your way….close your eyes and picture yourself sitting next to Him, His loving arms around you, listening….loving….now…..continue your drive filled with His Peace, that passes human understanding.  Father, we know that life will be foggy sometimes, strengthen our faith so that we take You with us to guide and protect us.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5.  The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble.  He cares for those who trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7.  This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that  He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.  1 John 5:14-15.  The Lord bless you, and keep you:  The Lord makes His face shine on you and be gracious to you:  The Lord lift up His countenance on you and give you peace.  Numbers 6:24-26.

Love you all!   

No comments:

Post a Comment