Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 16, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty is our God, Monday!  Yesterday, Papa had some chores to get done while the girls and I went to Sunday school and church, but he hitched a ride into town with Cooper and Katy (oh mommy drove) for lunch with good friends.  On our way home, Papa was quite serious as he told me he had a big mess for me at the house….he explained that he had gotten the 4 wheeler stuck in a great big, mud- hole while trying to fix a leak.  He was quite animated as he explained the whole ordeal….main thing… mud was flying everywhere…..and stinky, cow- poop laced mud to boot!  Poor guy, just knew I was going to be mad at him as he described the heap of nasty, muddy- clothes waiting for me on the porch!  My goodness…..let’s say…he was not exaggerating!  His clothes, lying in a heap on the porch, were totally covered in thick mud….the once wet mud was already beginning to cake….and his poor boots….not sure they will ever be the same!  Well, needless to say I wasn’t in the mood to mess with them right then, later would be soon enough.  Later….when it began to rain we all went out on the screen porch to enjoy the much needed blessing!  Hmm….think I will put this muddy mess outside and let it get a good soaking before I try to wash them!  The rain helped, but it’s going to take a lot more than that to wash away the dirt……I will spray them good with my homemade spray and wash add an extra scoop of OxiClean, do some good old- fashioned scrubbing, but my bet is I will have to wash them more than once to get them clean again!  Driving into work this morning, thinking about the task that lay ahead of me….the thought hit me….I sure am glad that it’s not to get “clean” from our sins as it’s going to be to get those muddy clothes clean again!   Oh goodness, how often we get stuck in the mud of envy, greed, gossip, self-pity, selfishness, caring more about ourselves than others…..the mud of sin is caked on us……we wonder how can we ever be “clean” again……Our Heavenly Father is right there waiting to forgive us…..the blood of HIS SON…..washes us clean……over and over again…..Thank you Father, for making it so easy for us to come to You with our “mud” and be cleaned!  Keep our faith strong and help us to turn to You when we are tempted.  All glory to You, Mighty Father!
 
“But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, longsuffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.”  Psalm 86:15.  As far as the east is from the west, so far has He removed our transgressions from us. (now that’s clean!)  Psalm 103:12.  If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.  1 John 1:9.  “Come now, let us reason together,”  says the Lord.  “Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”  Isaiah 1:18.  Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.  Ephesians 4:32. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment