Thursday, July 18, 2013

July 18, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  Gosh the weather was crazy here yesterday!  Sitting at my desk I have a great view outside through the front doors.  It was bright and sunny as I started my day and then about mid- morning I noticed it was getting really cloudy…I could see the clouds getting heavy and then just before 12 it just started pouring…..now I mean pouring!  The parking lot was flooded in just a matter of minutes and then, as quickly as it came…..it was gone!  Within a few minutes, the sun was shining again.  The clouds were gone, parking lot drained off….clear skies…..for a little while!  Just when you think it’s clear sailing…Bam…..the clouds moved in dark, heavy and burst into heavy downpours……this was the scenario all through the afternoon.  Clear skies turning to heavy clouds and pounding downpours!  A friend and I were discussing the crazy weather and I said….kind of like our lives isn’t it?  One minute we are cruising along happy as can be….not a care in the world, thinking Woo Hoo, life is grand….And then the next minute dark clouds move in…..hanging heaving over us…..clouds of indecision, financial burdens, family problems, health issues, broken relationships, stress at work…..the clouds get heavier until they are finally pouring on us…..We think we can’t go on……and then, the rain stops, clouds clear, and the sun shines on us again….The sun shines because we are never alone in the downpours!  This morning as I reading God’s word, I came across a verse in James 1 that really hit me as I thought about life…..the sunny times and the downpours…..”Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love Him.”  The next time I feel the clouds moving in…..and the downpours hit, I am going to remember these words….this promise…..If I love Him, I will receive His crown of life……definitely better than any umbrella….the SON is shining on and for us!  Thank you Father for the promise of a crown of everlasting life with You…keep us ever faithful.  Draw us to You in cloudy times and hear our Praise….sunny or cloudy!  And Father we do thank you for the precious rains You have sent to water our land…All praise to You!

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.  James 1:2-4.  Just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows.  2 Corinthians 1:5.  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall.  Psalm 55:22.  Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.  Psalm 126:5-6.  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13.  Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Philippians 4:4. 
Love you all!


Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment