Tuesday, July 30, 2013

July 30, 2013

Good Morning Friends!   Mighty awesome is our God, Monday!  Kim and I had some unexpected, as well as uninvited visitors yesterday morning!  A group of lawn mowers……trouble with them is they cut down flowers and all!  Have you guessed yet….Yep, as we got our coffee and headed to the porch we were greeted by about 30 lambs mowing our lawn…thank goodness I got to my flowers before they did…..stinkers they came a long way down the road….from green pastures to get to our house…..never happy….(remind you of anyone).  Well, no sooner than we sat down, they turned and headed back towards the road.  Shepherd Kim was not happy…..couldn’t let them go out to the road again…..30 lambs on the road spells disaster anyway you look at it.  So, Kim got the four-wheeler, gathered them up and headed up the road to their pasture.  He had me follow them in the car with my flashers on; mind you, I was just out of bed….not dressed or anything….yippee!  Shepherd Kim seemed to have everything under control, always there to take care of his lambs, guiding them to safety and lush pasture.  Everything seemed to be under control, getting close to their home when one lone lamb decides to head out on his own.  Shepherd Kim attempted to get him back with others a couple times, but then went on with the group….I too gave it a try but to no avail.  This young lamb was bound and determined to take off on his own, no clue to the dangers awaiting him.  As I turned in the road to lambs pasture, Shepherd Kim was already turning around and heading out.  I backed out of his way and watched him go right to where the young lamb had wandered off…..he patiently…oh so patiently,  coaxed him back, back to the flock….in safe lush pastures.  How often are we the wandering lamb…….How blessed we are to have the Perfect Shepherd to come back for us….take us into His flock….love us and forgive us!  Thank you Father!
 
He tends His flock like a shepherd:  He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young.  Isaiah 40:11.  “For this is what the Sovereign Lord says:  I myself will search for my sheep and look after them.  As a shepherd looks after his scattered flock when he is with them, so will I look after My sheep.  I will rescue them from all the places where they were scattered on a day of clouds and darkness.”  Ezekiel 34: 11-12.  Jesus says, “I am the Good Shepherd.  The Good Shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.”  John 10:11.  “I am the Good Shepherd; I know My sheep and my sheep know me—just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.”  John 10 14-15.  The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want……Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment