Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!  About 14 years ago my sister sent Kim and I some very special T-shirts; mine says, “Nana’s my name, spoiling my game” and Kim’s says, “Papa’s my name, spoiling my game.”  We loved them, and so began a tradition of wearing them to the airport when we went to pick them up for a visit and when we took them back to send them home!  Year in and year out each summer or winter visits to Alaska (I just put a turtle neck under mine) we wore our Nana/Papa shirts with love and pride!  The girls came to expect seeing us in them…….So last Tuesday as we were watching Hannah and Harper go through security at the airport, heading home after a wonderful visit, Papa and I were both shocked at Harper’s last words to us……”You didn’t wear your T-shirts!”  We looked at each other….horrified…..HOW COULD WE FORGET OUR T-SHIRTS!!!!!   They were both waving and smiling that, “we gotcha” smile as I said over and over again how sorry I was….Papa too!  As we headed back to the car, we both just shook our heads in disbelief….How in the world did we forget our T-shirts!!!  I truly felt like the worst Nana in the whole world, even though they both reassured me it was OK, I just couldn’t stop thinking about how disappointed they must have been….and then I got the most delightful idea!  While they were visiting, they talked their dad into sending me an old ipad that they no longer use because they have I phones…..Hannah got it all set up for me and taught me how to use it so that I could face-time with Tucker and them…..How special is that!!!!  So exciting for me and Papa!!!!  Wednesday was our first time….it was Tucker’s first birthday and to be able to see him crawling around, playing with his new toys and sing to him was a true joy…..a special blessing…..that happened because Hannah and Harper had a love-filled idea and acted on it…..and then we forgot our T-shirts…..oh heck, hang on….I know what Papa and I can do…..We can face-time them…..wearing our special T-SHIRTS!!!!  I was so excited to have a chance to make it up to them……last night was the special night….Papa and I got our shirts on and I called Hannah to see if they could face-time.  She said sure, so I connected on the ipad and WaLa!!!!  Hannah and Harper got a T-shirt fashion show!  I am not sure who was more excited the girls or me….I truly had the special “warm fuzzy” feeling….in my heart. I must admit that modern technology does have its plus side!  Warm fuzzies are a special blessing……Grandchildren truly are an endless source…..let’s learn from them and find someone that needs a “warm fuzzy” today…..I know our Heavenly Father will smile on us…..He is the Master of special blessings and warm fuzzies!   Thank you Father for filling our lives with special little joys that warm our hearts.  Help us to pass it on!

Do not forget to do good and to share with others, for with such sacrifices God is pleased.  Hebrews 13:16.  Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it.  Hebrews 13:2   Be kind and compassionate to one another.  Ephesians 4:32.  As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.  In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.  (and everyone loves a warm fuzzy).  Matthew 7:12…….the greatest of these is love….
Love you all!

Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment