Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty Awesome is our God, Monday!  This morning while sitting on the porch having quiet time with our Heavenly Father, I heard a sound….a melodic, pleasant sound….it was unfamiliar to me….Hmmm, sounds like wind chimes, but it’s right here not out front where my favorite chime hangs….there it was again…a sweet sound…then I discovered the source of the sweet melody….a small chime hanging in the screen porch…I have had it for a long time, but have never really heard it…..what a pleasant surprise to discover that the sweet sound was coming from a small in-conspicuous wind chime….Not sure why I had never heard the sweet sound before….maybe the conditions were just perfect this morning…or maybe, just maybe our Heavenly Father was blessing me a special love song….from HIM to me…. sweet music….music that prompted a smile… a smile from the inside out….As I sat in the still quiet of the morning, the sun not quite up….I knew that I was in God’s presence….I felt HIS peace and energy for the day…my spirit was renewed and my heart joyful!  I am loved…..So often we think that we can only find God in big things….the birth of a child…..a double rainbow painted across the skies….so many lives saved in a horrible plane crash….a sick child healed….This morning once again HE showed me that HE is always there and reminded me with the sweet music of a small wind chime.  Thank you Father…..for the Your precious, special little reminders to us that You are omnipresent in our lives….open our hearts and minds so that we don’t miss YOU!
 
This is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the of the Lord and to seek Him in His temple.  Psalm 27:4.  I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14.  May all who seek You rejoice and be glad in You; may those who love Your salvation always say, “Let God be exalted!”  Psalm 70:4.  The Lord replied, “My presence will go with you and I will give you rest.”  Exodus 33:14.

No comments:

Post a Comment