Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy lights!: Psalm 27:1

Good Morning Friends!  Wise and Wonderful is our God, Wednesday!  So, how about this weather….isn’t it wonderful, I love the changing of seasons, especially summer to fall.  I love putting up fall decorations, corn stalks, ornamental corn, beautiful colored leaves, but my favorite is my pumpkin and turkey lights…well actually, one strand of mini white Christmas lights that stretch across the front porch (now Cooper and Katy’s playroom) window.  Each fall I alternate hanging plastic jack o lanterns and turkeys on the lights…..and it’s the silliest thing, but when I go to turn them on for the first time, I am so excited….just happy….well heck joyful…..isn’t that silly!  This morning as I walked into the dark living room for my morning prayer time, I smiled as I flipped on my happy lights…..Oh my…..I felt our Father…..so close to me….His arms around me…..”Kathie, My precious child….you love those lights because of the joy they shed on the darkness.  This world is so often full of darkness, sadness, worry, stress……My LOVE is your LIGHT in the darkness, your HAPPY LIGHT…..I shine to bring you JOY…..HAPPY, knowing that I am with you always, through every turmoil…..know that your JOY will come through MY LIGHT.”   Thank you Father….forgive my times of doubt and weakness.  All Honor, Glory, and Praise to YOU my LIGHT and my SALVATION.
 
You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light.  With your help I can advance against a troop; with my God I can scale a wall.  2 Samuel 22:29-30.  The Lord is my LIGHT and my SALVATION—whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of life—of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1.  Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the LIGHT of the Lord.  Isaiah 2:5.  Jesus said, “I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never wak in darkness, but will have the LIGHT of life.”  John 8:12. Restore us, O God; make Your face shine upon us.  Psalm 80:3. 
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment