Friday, October 11, 2013

The Golden Rule: Matthew 7:12


Today at 10:27 AM
Good Morning Friends!  Forever His Friday.  I have developed a bad habit….unconsciously….seems like I must be clenching my teeth in my sleep.  I do not have a clue that I am doing it, but when I wake up my jaws are sore, well my whole mouth, teeth and gums throbbing…..every once in a while I will wake up out a sound sleep and catch myself doing it….so I know exactly why my mouth is sore when I wake up.  Like I said it’s totally unconscious and I am sure it has to do with the stress I have been under lately, but I sure don’t like it.  This morning I got to thinking…..hmm, wonder what other things I do unconsciously that might make people around me feel uncomfortable……remarks that just spew out without thinking, rude facial expressions that cause pain…..all unconscious actions…..but definitely not reflections of God’s love shining through me.  God’s love shining through us is easily snuffed out if we don’t have our hearts and minds focused fully on HIM!  When we tootle along through life just doing as we please, we will do things unconsciously that may cause hurt to people around us….The Golden Rule comes to my mind…..we do want to be treated kindly, don’t we….well we must treat others just like we want to be treated…..simple enough, right??!!!  Nope, not if we don’t have God’s love in our hearts…..remember the other day we talked about “clothing” ourselves in HIS love…well, here you have it!  Oh and a PS…..I need to trust in HIS will a bit more too…..hold on tighter, be still, feel HIS peace and trust in HIS will….HE is in charge and HE will take care of every last detail….trusting and believing Father!  Please forgive us when we don’t shine for YOU…help us to find strength by staying close to YOU in Your word and prayer….staying close to YOU we will be OK!  Thank you Father!
 
Be kind and compassionate to one another.  Ephesians 4:32.  As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.  In everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.  Matthew 7:12.  Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Commit your way to the Lord; TRUST in Him and He will do this:  He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.  Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him….Psalm 37:3-7a.  And my God will meet all your needs according to His glorious riches in Christ Jesus.  To our Gd and Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.  Philippians 4:19-20.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment