Wednesday, October 2, 2013

He knows what's best for his children: Psalm 55:22

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday!!!!  I had not been home very long last night when I got a phone call.  Caller ID said Kathyrn, but it was actually Katy and I could tell by her voice she was very upset!  When I realized it was Katy and she was upset, I said in my most sympathetic Nana voice, “Hi Katy, what’s the matter?”  She immediately began telling me that mommy wouldn’t bring her over to my house, the more she talked the more she began to cry.  Soon, she was full- on sobbing!!!!  She wanted to come to my house and that’s all there was to it….My heart was broken, I just couldn’t stand to hear her so unhappy….I could hear Mommy in the background, so I asked her why she couldn’t come over.  Mommy said, “I told her we are not going over to Nana’s tonight.”  She went on to tell me that Katy doesn’t always have to get what she wants…..now of course I know that’s true, but it took every ounce of self-control that I could muster to not go over and get her!  My heart was broken listening to her deep, painful sobs…..I wanted her to get what she wanted, but I knew that is not always the best for her……as I said goodbye, told her I loved her, and would see her soon, a sweet, calming peace came over me.  Oh my….my oh my…..if my heart feels broken because Katy is sad and what she wants is not best for her…..can you even imagine how our Heavenly Father feels  when we call HIM sobbing…..we really think we know what’s best for us, but……God in His infinite wisdom….knows….and will provide….but more than that…..He longs to comfort us…..He feels our pain and yearns to dry our tears……His arms are open, His shoulders strong…..He will embrace and comfort us.  Thank you Father…..for hearing our sobs, drying our tears….loving us beyond all human understanding.
 
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; He will lead them to springs of living water.  And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.  Revelation 7:17.  Because the hand of the Lord my God was on me, I took courage.  Ezra 7:28. The Lord Himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.  Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”  Deuteronomy 31:8.  Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.  Psalm 126:5-6.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11. Pay attention to My wisdom, listen well to My words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge.  Proverbs 5:1-2.  Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never let the righteous fall. Psalm 55:22. I wait for you, O Lord; You will answer, O Lord my God.  Psalm 38:15.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment