Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The seasons of our lives...

Good Morning Friends!  Wise and wonderful is our God, Wednesday!  Last night when I got home from work, Kim was nowhere to be found, figured he wasn’t far, so was enjoying putting around the house.   After about 15 minutes or so, I saw Kim and his helper come in the drive in the backhoe hauling hay for the donkeys.  Then my phone rang, “Come on out here.  We are closing the pool up” was all he said.  A little bewildered, I responded, “OK”  and headed out the door.  I really had no idea he had planned that for our evening!  Closing up the pool is really the official sign that summer is over and winter on its way…..The change of seasons….Taking proper care of the pool for winter is really very important, saves the filter from freezing and the winter chemicals help keep it clean, and of course covering it up is so important!  Last year, we never did get it done and what a mess we had; luckily, the filter didn’t freeze, but the pool was gross and took hours of hard work and chemicals to get it clean again…..Here in Oklahoma we truly have “changing seasons” each season so different from the one before and the one to come….In the spring we have to get the storm cellar ready, summer get the pool up and going, fall close it up, stock up on firewood, winter make sure everything is insulated and lots of feed on hand for the livestock….you get it right….each season, winter, summer, spring, or fall brings unique situations….As I sat on the deck holding onto the cover while Kim got the ladder off, I got to thinking about seasons….our lives are full of seasons aren’t they…..seasons of contentment…seasons of discontent…..season of health….season of illnesses…..for us…our lives….everyday might confront us with a new season……we need to prepare for the changes in our lives, just like we prepare the summer pool for upcoming winter…..How we handle the “changes” in our lives depends on how well prepared we are…..And the way to be prepared is…..lots of time with our Heavenly Father, keep Him posted on your life through lots of prayer time, find wisdom and guidance through HIS word, and strength from worshipping with your Christian family!  Our Father Is always there for us….how close we stay to HIM directs our “change of seasons.”  Father help us to be prepared for all the seasons of our lives by being close to YOU.  Give us wisdom and strength to know YOU and follow YOUR will for our lives.  Thank you for being Changeless! 

 

Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge.  I said to the Lord, “you are my Lord; apart from you I have no good thing.” Psalm 16:1-2.  You  turned my wailing into dancing; You removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy, that my heart may sing to You and not be silent.  O Lord my God, I will give you thanks forever.  Psalm 30:11-12.  The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and His ears are attentive to their prayer.  1 Peter 3:12.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.  Hebrews 4:16. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.  Proverbs 3:5-6.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment