Thursday, February 20, 2014

Let's Eat!

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  I don’t know about you all, but I know at my house there is a whole lot of time spent on what to eat!  I wake in the morning wondering what we will have for breakfast and then what shall I take in my lunch, got to make sure I have plenty of snacks. And of course, there’s always dinner, the most planning goes into dinner!  Trying to figure out what sounds good, but doesn’t take too much time and making sure I have all the needed ingredients , not to mention special occasions like Kim’s birthday tomorrow. Birthdays require extra planning to make sure you have just what the birthday boy wants….food….yep I would say lots and lots of time is spent on what to eat!  Yesterday, I was reading from Psalms 119 and came across an interesting verse, that I must say, in the light of the “what to eat” saga, really hit.  I have read this verse a hundred times in my life, but never had it hit me like it did yesterday……”Ok, Father, I get it!”  Here’s the verse….."How sweet are Your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!”  Wow, can you see where I am going with this?  We spend so much time worrying and planning about what we are going to eat, going to all kinds of work to find recipes, shop and prepare food for our physical bodies……when bottom line, God’s words are sweeter than anything we could eat…..God’s words nourish our spiritual bodies, food we eat satisfies us for a short time….God’s words satisfy us with the hope of life everlasting with HIM!  So, guess I better get to working on some recipes that will nourish my spiritual body….necessary ingredients----more time in HIS word, prayer time every day, regular worship, attitude of gratitude, and frost it praise and thanksgiving!  Our God is an AWESOME God!!!  Father, forgive us when we worry too much about our physical bodies, guide us to nurture our spiritual bodies so that we always remain strong in faith and ready for eternal life with YOU!
 
Therefore, rid yourselves of all malice and all deceit, hypocrisy, envy and slander of every kind.  Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good.  1 Peter 2:1-3.  Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.  Psalm34:8.  Jesus said, “Therefore I tell  you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear.  Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than they?  Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?”  Matthew 6:25-27.  Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you, On Him God the Father has place His seal of approval.”  Words of Jesus from John 6:27.  Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life.  He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in Me will never be thirsty.”  John 6:35.
Love you all!  LET”S EAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment