Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The "Squints" in our lives

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday!!!   My goodness the day is about to get away from me, but  just wanted to spend a little time with you all!  Time for us to share how blessed we are….the tiniest little blessings that surround us, that we so often miss, but oh when are hearts and minds are blessed enough to catch one…..Ummmm, the flood of blessings just immerses us in HIS magnificent LOVE!!!  This morning, my drive in, was the source of my tiny blessing….special little miracle.  At first, the ride seemed the same as it had for the last couple of weeks…..cloudy and cold, but as I got closer to town….the clouds made room for rays of sunshine to peek through….just a little at first, but soon the sky was bright with sunlight….so bright, I had to squint to see.  I was still squinting as I got out of the car and headed in to the office…..squinting….Wow, it’s been a while since I had to squint….I was so excited as I headed in, I had to tell everyone!!!!   As I passed by my coworkers offices I happily asked, “Wasn’t it wonderful to squint this morning?”  As I got to my desk and settled in, I was still excited about squinting…..silly I thought….Well now, hang on a minute…..let’s take a closer look!  OK, I had to squint so that meant the sun was shining… ponds will thaw, mud dry up…nice after a long cloudy spell…..the sun was in my eyes, so my eyes are good….I can see….I was driving….I have a car… headed  into work, so that means I have a job….I had to unlock the door to get in…..I have able hands and I work inside…..I was greeted by coworkers, I am not lonely……Thank you Father for all the “squints” in our lives…..one good thing from YOU, leads to another and another and another….Wonderfully Wrapped in Your Loving arms.
 
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.  Colossians 1:6-7.  Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done.  Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts.  Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice. 1 Chronicles 16:8-10. Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in EVERYTHING give thanks for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment