Friday, February 7, 2014

UPISH

Good Morning Friends!!!  Forever loved, Friday!  Via, big sister I heard that my 8th grade granddaughter had a less than praise worthy progress report!  She is a very bright young lady, and extremely capable of good grades, but being the kid that she is…..well let’s just say….things happen…..In this day of texting, I don’t get to actually talk to her as much as I would like to, but last night was my lucky night!  After, I texted “Whatcha doin?” she actually text back, “I’ll call you in a minute.”  Now I get that promise fairly often, but last night she did!!!  Woo Hoo!  After a nice conversation about her trip with the band to Disneyland today, I matter of factly asked, “SO….are your grades up?”  Her response was “UPISH”   My first thought was, “hmmm, UPISH, interesting word…..”   Of course, I had to give her a bit of a Nana “you must do the very best you can” lecture, then helped her with a “teenage dilemma,”  told her to have a good time in Disneyland, exchanged “I love yous” and said our goodbyes.  Hanging up, I could not get “UPISH” out of my mind.  Upish, to me, means….yea, yea, yea….I know my grades aren’t so hot, I’ll take care of it…..Now maybe as the “Nana” I was putting too much into it….for goodness sakes she is 13….but I couldn’t help but think…..what in my life is just “UPISH”  when it could be so much better?   Hmmm….maybe it’s me that needs the “you  must do your very best you can” lecture…..UPISH….how about my bible study, prayer life, quality time with family and friends, long overdue cards and letters……unsettled tiffs,  exercise, bible study, prayer life….Oh goodness….so many areas of my life are in a “UPISH” state…..Time to get over myself and get to work….doing the very best that I can in everything and to God’s glory!  After all, HE deserves our very best!  Father, forgive us when we tend to be slackers….everything we have comes from You….we are so blessed….forgive us when we slack, energize us to do our very best to give YOU all Glory!
 
  Jesus said, “Well done, good and faithful servant!  You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things.  Come and share your master’s happiness!”  Matthew 25:21.  My heart took delight in all my work, and this was the reward for all my labor. Ecclesiastes 2:10.  I urge, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.  1 Timothy 2:1-2.  Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.  It is the Lord Christ you are serving.  Colossians 3:23-24. 
Love you all!  Rise, Shine!!!  Give God the Glory!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment