Thursday, February 13, 2014

Warmed by His love

Good Morning Friends!  Totally trusting in His care, Thursday!  Tuesday evening, I was disappointed when I got home and discovered that Kim hadn’t kept the fire going doing the day; he did have his reasons, but none the less, the house was cold.  While I changed, did my evening chores, cleaned up the kitchen, you know the drill, Kim worked on getting a fire started.  As soon as I could, I got into the living room and gave the fire my special “hurry  up and get hot” touch, all the while complaining about the cold.  As I poked and prodded, adding wood, Kim asked if I wanted him to start a fire in the stove in the kitchen.  No, I said, mumbling and complaining more about how cold it was in the living room, not to mention the kitchen my gosh…how in the heck was I gonna get dinner cooked in the ice box!  Again he asked, “want me to start a fire in the kitchen?”  Again,  in  my stubbornness I said, “NO!”  Just didn’t want the hassle.  Well, this scenario went on for a while longer, me poking and prodding the fire, complaining about the cold and Kim suggesting a fire in the kitchen….Finally….I shrugged off the stubborn and conceded!  Kim got up, brought some wood into the kitchen and within a few minutes had a nice fire in the old stove…..few more minutes I could feel the chill being overtaken by warm, cozy heat; my body relaxed, my toes thawed and I was energized to go take care of dinner!  As I was cooking I thought to myself….why am I so stubborn?  Why did I fight so hard against lighting a fire in the kitchen, when I knew it was the best thing to do…when I  knew the agony of a cold house would be gone if I just let him light the fire?  Why did I waste so much time complaining when if I would have just listened to him….given up my stubborn attitude and let him start a fire……Oh my Father…..OK, OK, I get it…..what needless worry, stress, anxiety, high blood pressure, grief, worry, stress, grumpy moods, hateful attitudes, anxiety we inflict upon ourselves because we fight YOU…..fight against YOUR WILL for us…..fail to TRUST and Believe, surrender, pile it all on YOU, when all we need to do is sit back, listen and be WARM….Warmed by YOUR PERFECT LOVE, INFINITE WISDOM, MERCY, GRACE and YOUR DESIRE to take care of us…guide us….comfort, and forgive us.  Father, thank you keeping YOUR FIRE of LOVE burning for us and please keep on prodding us when we are stupidly stubborn!
 

I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11.  God will teach us His ways, so that we may walk in His paths.  Isaiah 2:3.  The Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for Him!  Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is He who trusts in the Lord.  Proverbs 16:20.  He who trusts in the Lord will prosper.  Proverbs 28:25.  Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the Lord is kept safe.  Proverbs 29:25.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5.
Love you all!
Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment