Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The warmth of His love


Today at 10:38 AM
Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully, warmly wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!!!  Last Friday I gave a friend a ride to work; it was really cold that morning so when she got in I asked her if she would like the seat warmer on.  She has ridden with me lots of times, but I had never asked her about the seat warmer until Friday….don’t ask me why.  Anyway, she said “yea, why not?  I should experience that once in my life.”  We both chuckled as I turned her side all the way up!  We weren’t but a couple miles into our commute when she snuggled into her seat and said, “Oh yes, this feels really good.”  She’s a good friend and I was happy that she was enjoying her warm ride, but never thought much about it till a couple of days later.  Kim was driving, I was the passenger and it was cold…..I turned my seat warmer all the way up and within just a few minutes….oh my how good the warmth felt on my achy, tired body….I snuggled in….relaxed…..I thought about my friend’s comment on Friday….and thought, you know I use the seat warmer when I drive all the time, why have I not experienced this wonderful relaxed feeling?  Now I was chuckling to myself as I felt HIS gently touch.  “Kathie, my child you are much too often too busy, too stressed, worried, anxious, preoccupied to feel My WARMTH, to RELAX in the COMFORT and PEACE found when you come to ME.  I offer REST for your tired mind, PEACE for your hurting heart, REFUGE from the worries of this world.  Come to ME, snuggle in MY arms, feel the WARMTH of MY LOVE……You are MY child, come to ME I will give you PEACE.  I Love you!”  Oh Father, how come we are so quick to forget how much YOU love us….forgive us, bring us to YOU to snuggle in the warmth of YOUR LOVE.   Thank you Father.
 
And He took the children in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them.  Mark 10 :16.  He tends His flock like a shepherd:  He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart; He gently leads those that have young.  Isaiah 40:11.  The Lord God is my strength, and He will make my feet like hinds’ fee, and He will make me to walk upon mine high places.  Habakkuk 3:19.  The Lord is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and He knoweth them that trust in Him.  Nahum 1:7.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  The peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:7.
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment