Friday, March 28, 2014

God's love and comfort

Good Morning Friends!  Fear not!  We are HIS Friday!  I told you about my sweetie being sick, well he is doing better….Thank you Father, but now, I am fighting it off!!!  Trust me, I am fighting, but I have a cough…kind of a yucky cough….a yucky cough that seems to always fire up in the middle of the night!   Don’t you hate that!  Well sure enough, I had not been asleep to long last night when I was awakened by that “special” feeling in my chest and throat…..that you are “fixin” to start coughing feeling…Yep, first one…then another!   UGH!!!!!  In the darkness I reached onto my night stand and felt for a cough drop….Ahh….there’s one….again, I fumbled in the darkness and got it open…POP….into my mouth.  Almost Immediately I could feel the soothing relief permeating my irritated throat and chest…Cough drops have always amazed me…..how they know right where to go to get the “special” feeling….no chewing or swallowing , just put it in your mouth and the relief gets started….how the heck do they do that….As I drifted back to sleep, coughing subsided, a sweet thought over- came me….God’s love and comfort…..in life’s darkness….when we are fumbling in life’s darkness….His love is there….no chewing, swallowing (maybe our pride at times), no begging, no price to pay…got to buy cough drops….no buying God’s love and comfort…..POP…..feel trouble stirring in your heart and mind….POP…..God is right there waiting to soothe and comfort you….get you through the darkness…fears subsided…..get you through the darkness into the marvelous light of HIS  LOVE…….permeating our hearts and minds, soothing comfort for all of the dark times……Warm Love engulfing us….sweet peace….through His mercy and grace…..Oh Father, thank you for Your sweet love and comfort when we need it most!  Forgive us when we try to do it without YOU…..Father, all Glory to You!
 
Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth; burst into song, O mountains!  For the Lord comforts His people and will have compassion on His afflicted ones.  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.  2 Corinthians 1:3-4.  Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your disease, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s.  Psalm 103:2-5
Love you all!
 
Kathie A. Johnson
Receptionist

No comments:

Post a Comment