Monday, March 31, 2014

Little leaks lead can to big problems!


Today at 11:15 AM
Good Morning Friends!  Mighty awesome is our God, Monday!  I was anxious to get the water bill for the fire department this month (I am secretary/treasurer for fire department) because last month it was really high, more than double the usual amount…the reason, a leak.  A leak somewhere, but where?  That was the important part….where was the nasty water leak that was causing the water bill to soar???!!!  So the search was on, it was finally determined it was the flapper in the women’s toilet….a dumb little flapper caused that big of an increase….I was skeptical.  My husband fixed it right away…then the wait for the new bill.  That’s why I was so anxious to get the bill…..I was not as sure as him that that was the cause….for heaven’s sake a stuck flapper….a little leak in the toilet caused that huge bill!  Well, I knew the bill probably came on Saturday because ours did, so on my way home from church yesterday I stopped at the fire department to get the mail.  Sure enough, the water bill was there and….well for goodness sakes…..the bill was the usual minimum……so obviously the toilet was the problem….a little leak….a big bill!  As I drove home contemplating the leak situation, a thought came to me.  I wonder how many “little leaks” I have in my life that left “unfixed” could create big problems…..Seemingly  trivial gossip about a co-worker…..a grudge that stays stuck in my attitude…..cards and letters long over-due…..hasty judgment on a friend’s situation…..occasional skipped prayer time……habitual tardiness…..just little “leaks” right!  No big deal right!!!!  “OK Father, I get it!  “Little” seemingly harmless actions and attitudes can cause big problems for others….pain, anxiety, pulling us away from a life that makes You smile….a life that does not bring glory to Your Holy Name!”   OH Father, forgive our little leaks…..we want to do our best for You, but we are so weak….we mess up so often.  Father, fill us with the desire to live closer with You, so that You can “prevent” us from leaking so much!  Thanks for forgiving us when we mess up!  To You be all glory!
 
Jesus said, “My command is this:  Love each other as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.”  John 15:12-13.  Do to others as you would have them do to you.  Luke 6:31.  Jesus said, “I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you.”  John 13:15.  Let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Hebrews 10:24.  Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  1 Peter 4:8.  Encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone.  1 Thessalonians 5:14.  Jesus said, “Do not judge, and you will not be judged.  Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.  Forgive, and you will be forgiven.”  Luke 6:37. 
Love you all!
 
Kathie A. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment