Thursday, April 24, 2014

A heavenly reunion awaits...

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!  My goodness, am I ever pooped this morning!  I have, thanks to a sweet cousin with frequent flyer miles, been on a whirlwind trip to California to attend a memorial for my Aunt Ella….96 years old, she outlived 11 siblings….a good and faithful servant, sharing God’s love in so many ways all of her life….ready to meet our Father face to face!  How blessed I was to be there and share in a service of Praise and glory in her memory.  I cannot even find words to express the joy I had in seeing cousins and friends that I had not seen in many, many years….sharing memories, catching up, promising to never let so much time pass before we see, at least talk again!  A real reunion buzzing with stories, laughter, tears, pictures of kids, grandkids….overflowing with love, hugs, pictures (one cousin is a professional photographer and she brought her camera!  Can’t wait to get those pictures), joking, teasing, memories, future plans, love and more hugs!  Finally, sadly we all had to say our goodbyes and head in our separate directions….my sister and I had a 3.5 hour drive back where we would meet up with my niece and nephew, have a quick pizza and head to her house for the night….another hour and then in the morning little over an hour to the airport….we knew we had to get going, but oh my we hated the reunion to end…..as we drove off overflowing with joy, love filling our every thought, we thanked our Heavenly Father for the blessing of this time together….for the blessing of Christian family!  Cheryl and I yacked non- stop all the way to dinner and then my niece and I took it up from there, but when I finally settled down for the night, snug on Manda’s couch, in the quiet darkness, reflecting on the day I felt….peace, yes my whole body, inside and out was over taken by a peaceful…pounding….if that makes any sense….peace.  I laid still, feeling calm and relaxed……”Father, I feel You, Father….thank you for such a wonderful reunion today….You just bless us so much….thank you.”  “Oh Kathie, My precious child, you are most welcome.  I love you, it pleases Me to bless you….but Kathie….I am preparing a reunion for you and your family that will far exceed your reunion today.  I am preparing a place for you here with Me in heaven……the most magnificent reunion you could ever imagine…..you and your family of believers will be with Me in heaven someday for life everlasting with Me….Now that is a reunion for you to plan for….to count on…..look forward to…..rejoice in!  Bless you my child.”  I fell asleep with a smile on my face, in my heart….I am His child, I will have a heavenly reunion….life everlasting.  Father, rejoicing in Your love!  All glory and honor to You!!!
 
 
Jesus said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled.  Trust in God; trust also in me.  In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you.  I am going there to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to with me that you also may be where I am. John 1:1-3.  …..rejoice that your names are written in heaven.  Luke 10:21.  But our citizenship is in heaven.  And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables Him to bring everything under His control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like His glorious body.  Philippians 3:20-21.  Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4: 4-7. 
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment