Friday, April 11, 2014

Detours and road construction

Good Morning Friends!  Forever HIS, Friday!  I left a couple minutes later than I like to this morning, not bad though, so I wasn’t really worried about being on time to work….until I hit all the road construction on 3W!  Mind you, they have been doing road construction since last week, so I should have been quite aware what I would encounter on my commute in….I should have planned ahead, planned to leave a few minutes early, rather than a few late.....I was beginning to get quite perturbed, stuck behind a slow moving diesel with only one lane open….concerned that I might very well be a couple minutes late to work.  Oh well I thought….I will just tell them about the road construction, they will understand.  Whoa!!!!  Wait a minute!!!!!!  What did I just say….I should have planned ahead….I knew about the construction, I should have been prepared to leave the house early….not the construction guys fault or the diesel in front of me….I was not prepared to deal with the road construction in a positive way!!  Realizing my misconception, I felt my attitude begin to change and I took a couple of deep breaths to relax, willing to deal with the possibility of being a little late to work.  As my attitude was changing another thought came to me…….we face “road construction” everyday all through our lives, not just what’s on the highways…..detours caused by anger, miscommunications with friends, family, co-workers…..off ramps closed due to envy, greed, fear or anxiety for the unknown, flashing lights of temptations…..unplanned, but always lurking waiting for us to 'leave a few minutes late,’ unprepared tempers flare, stress mounts, worry clouds are thinking, hurt takes over where love should be, tears flow while joy is waiting on the edge……We can be prepared for these detours…..time with our Heavenly Father will give us the strength and wisdom to meet difficult situations in ways that give glory to Him.  Ways, that keep feelings, ours or others, from being hurt…..Time with Him in word and prayer our faith grows stronger, we can persevere through the construction stronger, wiser, closer to HIM!  Father, increase our desire to be closer to YOU, stronger in You, faithful to YOU, trusting and believing in Your will for our lives.
 
It is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.  Ephesians 2:o8..  Everyone born of God overcomes the world (detours and road construction).  This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. 1 John 5:4.  Faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word of Christ.  Romans 10:17.  God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.  1 Corinthians 10:13.  Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.  Matthew 26:41.  Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord, the Lord is the Rock eternal.  Isaiah 26:4. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment