Tuesday, April 29, 2014

God's biggest fans

Good Morning Friends!  To know HIM, is to love HIM Tuesday!  Most mornings on my way into work, I call Kathyrn for a morning update and catch up on things…she is on her way to work, but first takes 3 year old Katy to sitters.  Katy is my biggest fan!!!!  And I must admit I like it!!  She has to talk to me every morning, bugging her mom incessantly until she relinquishes the phone….”Hi Nana” she says in the sweetest 3 year old voice, melts my heart.  Well, Mom says the last few mornings Katy starts bugging her to call me almost as soon as they get in the car.  They leave earlier than me, so Mom has to put her off, explaining that Nana is not in her car yet…..hard concept for a 3 year old that loves her Nana (aren’t I blessed) to understand.   Yesterday when I called, Katy actually answered the phone.  “Hi Nana, are you in your car?”  Not realizing what Mom had been through for the last 15 minutes, I just happily chatted away with her; several times I could hear Mom say, “give me the phone” to which Katy responded, “two more times, I talk two more times” and our conversation continued!  When she finally had to give up the phone to Mom, Mom was exasperated, “that girl, she started bugging me at 7:10…’I want to talk to my Nana!!!’  I told her she had to wait until you got in your car.”  My heart went pitter patter….how flattering and heart- warming it is to know that someone is so excited to talk with you….to share time with you….be with you.  Yes, just tickles me…..as I hung up the phone and got into work I could feel myself smiling from the inside out….then it hit me…a kid lesson, been a while since we had one.  The wonder of children…..a 3 year old so in love with her Nana desires to talk to her and be with her all the time…..Oh my…..Yes Father…..I can only imagine how thrilled you would be if we were so excited to talk to you…everyday…..many times a day….to spend time with You….be with You….Father, You are an AWESOME God!!!!  Waiting for us every moment of everyday!  Forgive us Father when we think more of ourselves than we do of YOU…..without YOU….there’s nothing worth our time!  And Father, thank you for loving us so much and finding joy in spending time with us. 
 
For a day in thy courts is better than a thousand.  I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.  Psalm 84:10.  The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying:  “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with loving-kindness.”  Jeremiah 31:13.  Give thanks to the Lord for He is good; His love endures forever.  Psalm 118:1.  Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.  Colossians 4:2.  “Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know,” says the Lord.  Jeremiah 33:3.  Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.  Psalm 37:4. 
Love you all!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment