Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The miracle of memories

Good Morning Friends!  Wondrously wrapped in His loving arms, Wednesday!  A couple of weeks ago while going through some things I ran across an old picture of my sons, Shawn and Ira, young teens at the time.  Shawn is 37 now and Ira would be 39 on Sunday (Ira headed to his heavenly home about 10 years ago…stinker.  He is in fact my step-son, but to my heart my son); in the picture they are working on their yearly project books for 4H, undoubtedly they were due the next day!!!!  Well, I smiled at my handsome boys and stuck the picture in my bag to take to work….for some reason I wanted to take it with me…..no clue why until today.    A woman just came into our office to reserve the community building in Stonewall for the end of the year party for her 4H group.  I shared with her that my boys had been in 4H and soon we were sharing 4H stories, hers happening now, for me….memories from those wonderful,l busy kid years! Memories, gosh it didn’t take long until my mind was a buzz with our 4H years.  I asked her if they still had to do their yearly project books and she said yes.  At that point, my co-worker in charge of community center came to help her.  While they were taking care of business I remembered the picture of Shawn and Ira….working on their 4H books.  I got into my desk and pulled it out….this time my heart and mind overflowing with loving memories of my young boys….As she finished her reservation, I showed her the picture of the boys….we laughed about taking “event” pictures for the “whole ”year at one time and rushing to get them printed.  Of course, way back then  we didn’t have digital pictures….so I had to do the one hour deal….I think we had one hour….surely we did!  She asked how old the boys are now and I her told Shawn is 37, sharing that Ira had taken residency in heaven…holding back tears.  Her routine stop to reserve a building had turned into a precious time of sharing for me…..she has no idea how much that little extra time she spent visiting….sharing with me touched my heart….stirring precious memories within my mind….memories that make me smile…..from the inside out!   Just a little time….without knowing…..how often do we miss out on the “little times.”  Father, help us to slow down, just a little, so we don’t miss the smile making times!  And Father thank you for our boys, times to remember and times to look forward to! And Father thank you for the little miracle of memories.  To YOU all PRAISE, HONOR , & GLORY!
 
Whoever touches you touches the apple of God’s eye.  Zechariah 2:8.  Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs.  Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, always giving thanks to God the Father for everything (including memories) in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Ephesians 5:19-20.  A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones.  Proverbs 15:30  All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be….(our memories, now that’s just awesome)  Psalm 139:16.  Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!  2 Corinthians 9:15. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment