Friday, April 4, 2014

Do you hear what I hear?

Good Morning Friends!  Fabulous Friday, loved by HIM!  This morning sitting in the living room, in my house, with all the windows closed, I could hear one dog….one little bitty dog barking….in the kennel…..behind my house….the back side of my house, living room is in front…..behind the carport…..one little bitty, yapping dog….I could hear him plain as day……yipping….a constant, irritating yip….in my house….with the windows closed…..As I sat there irritated, becoming quite annoyed at the barking dog…..behind my house, behind the carport…..in  my living room with the windows closed…..I chuckled to myself….isn’t it funny that I can hear that dog….you know where……but quite often I do not hear my husband speaking to me when he is sitting a couple of feet away…….Now just how crazy is that!!!!!  At first I chuckled, then I thought….hmmm that little dog is irritating me in the house, but my poor husband often gets ignored a few feet away……I felt rather ashamed of myself….why can I hear that dog way outside, but don’t hear my husband…..Hmmmm….yep……because I choose, selfishly at times, to “not hear” “ignore” him….quite human of me…..while the dog continued to yip, my annoyance building I thought…OH MY…..Father……I too am a yipper…..whining and complaining to You all the time…..begging, pleading day in and day out!  Yet, You never get annoyed with me….never….Your love and compassion are endless, engulfing my life inside and out…..PLUS…..You NEVER IGNORE me either…..OH Father, thank you for hearing my constant yipping and answering my prayers!  Forgive my selfish nature, help me to listen compassionately to others.  All glory, honor, and praise to YOU!
 
This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  That if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.  1 John 5:14-15.  The Lord longs to be gracious to you; He rises to show you compassion.  For the Lord is a God of justice.  Blessed are all who wait for Him!  Isaiah 30:18.  Do not use your freedom to indulge the sinful nature; rather, serve one another in love.  Galatians 5:13.  As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.  Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  To Him be glory both now and forever!  2 Peter 3:18. 
Love you all!
Kathie A. Johnson
Receptionist
Administrative Services
Division of Housing

No comments:

Post a Comment