Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The smells of Spring

Good Morning Friends!  Warm in His love, Wednesday!  The other day when I got back to work from lunch, landscaping was mowing the lawn out front; oh my goodness it smelled so good!  So fresh and clean…… As I opened the door, I took a good deep breath relishing in the magnificent scent of freshly mown grass ……spring……it smelled like spring.  I was smiling as I walked in and sat down at my desk, thinking about spring coming…the wonderful smell was still fresh in my mind when a woman came in….she was smiling too as she said, “Oh my it smells so good outside….”  I replied, “Yes, like spring”  she said, “Yes, I am looking forward to spring…..it has been a long winter!”  I most definitely had to agree with her….we have had such a long winter…..snow, ice, cold….Utility bills have been so high and we have used 7 cords of wood!  That’s a lot for us!  As she left, I couldn’t help but think about spring, a time for renewing, planting, spring cleaning…..all things fresh and new after a long, cold winter….flowers blooming, gardens growing….softly, gently, I felt HIS touch…..I could hear HIM in the buzz of the lawn mower….”Kathie, my child”  spring is a wonderful time of the year….how about a spring time spiritually….You know, renew your faith by cleaning out bad habits and spending more time with Me.  Plant seeds of kindness, thoughtfulness, love and watch them grow and bloom more of the same!  Mow down angers, frustrations, anxiety and worry…..clean out those attitudes that bring you down and get in the way of doing your very best. Life’s winters can be so long and cold….come to Me let Me warm you with My love….let My SON shine on you, refresh you and give you peace.”   Thank you Father….whatever would we do without you!
 
Do you not know?  Have you not heard?  The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He will not grow tired or weary, and His understand no one can fathom.  He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.  Even youths grow tired and wary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  The will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, the will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:28-31.  There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven.  Ecclesiastes 3:1.  In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth……And God saw that it was good.  From Genesis 1.  Therefore, get rid of all moral filth and the evil that is so prevalent and humbly accept the word planted in you, which can save you.  James 1:21.  The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness goodness, faithfulness.  Galatians 5:22.
Love you all!
 
Kathie A. Johnson
Receptionist

No comments:

Post a Comment