Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Marvelous and miraculously blessed, Monday!   Last night Kim and I watched the 10:00 news, mostly to hear the weather….we knew the cold was coming, but when he said there might be a dusting of snow during the night we both laughed.  This morning we were once again watching the weather and indeed they said it had snowed….I got up and looked out the window, of course it was dark but I could see some little piles of white….I said  “all’s I see is the ashes you dumped”  Once again we laughed.  I had just gotten in the shower when Kim came into the bathroom all excited.  He said, “it did snow!”  Cooper just called all excited and said’ Papa it snowed outside, can we go out and play in it?’ “  I had to laugh, but this time laughing at us for thinking we are such smarties!  Yep, Cooper had to call Papa when he saw the snow and ask him if they could go out and play…of course, Papa explained to Cooper that it was really cold outside; way too cold to go out and play in the snow.  I felt a little flutter in my heart as I thought of Cooper calling Papa, so excited and asking him about going outside.  And Papa, my goodness he was all excited that Cooper had called him to tell him the exciting news and asked him a question….made him so proud…..happy…..his heart definitely fluttered too.  As soon as I got out of the shower I ran to take a look outside…..Wow….sure enough, Cooper was right, there was snow!  As I closed the door and went to get ready for work, I again smiled…this time I was thinking of someone else that gets excited when we call on HIM!!!  Oh yes, our Heavenly Father loves us to call on Him, to come to Him about everything….. even the snow!  We are His children, we can talk to Him about everything……He wants us to, not just when we are troubled or hurting, but in the happy times too….He likes to hear our Praises and thank yous!!!!  He would love to hear us thank Him for the beautiful snow……the glistening ice……..moisture that is so needed….We should ask Him to be with the people that had accidents this morning…..and also that He watch over and guide our fireman, EMS, and policemen as they work to protect and help us…..thank Him for the blessing of friends at work that get you coffee when you are unable to leave your desk……for the children that come in the office and are so excited to get a candy cane off of the Christmas tree……ask Him to comfort those that are sad right now….lonely, grieving, financially stressed…..Praise Him that we have plenty of food and warm houses….heck a warm office too……Thank Him for the love of family and friends….Make HIM smile….His heart flutter…call Him a million times today!  Father, thank you for always taking our calls.

And He took the children (we are all His children) in His arms, put His hands on them and blessed them.  Mark 10:16.  This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that he hears us—whatever we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.  1 Johns 5:14-15.  The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.  Psalm 28:7.  Give thanks to the Lord, call on His name; make known among the nations what He has done.  1 Chronicles 16:8.  Rejoice always; pray without ceasing; in EVERYTHING give thanks.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment