Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 5, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Warmly wrapped in the glow of His love, Wednesday!  Goodness can you believe the difference in our temperatures this morning!  Crazy isn’t it?!  I could tell when I went to my car at 5 yesterday the temp was dropping…got home to a chill in the house….I was happy to change into sweats after the last few warm days.  After a visit with Tucker, Kim and I settled in to have dinner and a little TV…”Hmmm,” Kim said, “bet we should light a fire, gonna be a lot cooler in the morning.”  We sat there a few more minutes, but as reached down to pull my blankie over my feet, I said to Kim.  “Yep, I think I will start a fire….could be quit chilly in the morning.”  There’s something about starting a fire that soothes me….crumpling the newspaper, a few pine cones, and then the logs….the glow of the fire soon warms the house…I like it.  As we headed to bed we tossed in a couple more logs so we would be sure and be cozy in the morning.  Sure thing, when I got up this morning it was 37, but the house was warm….after stirring the coals and adding a few more logs I settled into my chair to have my morning chat with our Heavenly Father……the light from the stove was comforting and the room was toasty warm……I chuckled to myself….”wonder if there was a fire, a comforting light in the stable the night that Jesus was born….”   Wow…….I had to laugh at myself I as thought of the tiny baby in the manger…wondering if there was heat and light for him…...SURE WAS… the brightest, warmest, glowing light there is….Jesus the LIGHT of the world…..Jesus the tiny baby in the manager that died on the cross for us…..Jesus’ light gives us life.  Thank  you Father for the gift of light and life through your Son Jesus.  Help us to shine with His love so that others will find their way to You.

When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, “I am the light of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”  John 8:12.  The Lord is my light and my salvation—whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1.  “Arise, shine, for your LIGHT has come, and the glory of the Lord rises upon you.  Isaiah 60:1.  Jesus said, “In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and rise your Father in heaven.”  Matthew 5:16.  For God, who said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” made His light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.  2 Corinthians 4:6.  Light is shed upon the righteous and joy on the upright in heart.  Psalm 97:11.  Rejoice in the Lord always.  I will say it again:  Rejoice!  Philippians 4:4.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment