Tuesday, December 18, 2012

December 18, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Totally wrapped in His loving arms, Tuesday!  The verses below are from Luke 2, King James Version.  Even though for most of my daily reading I use the New International Version of God’s holy word, the story of our Savior’s birth I love to read in the King James.  The words I am most intrigued by today is “swaddling clothes.”  I have read that verse, Luke 2:7 all of my life, but never until this year has it touched my heart in such a warm and loving way!  The reason being, my great grandson Tucker; Tucker’s mommy has “swaddled” him since he was born.  She actually has swaddling blankets……Tucker is most at peace, calm and secure when he is “swaddled”…wrapped tightly in his warm blanket….now I mean real tight, his little arms are inside the blanket too…..Tucker loves to be swaddled!  Now my Hailey might think that swaddling is a new concept…that the “swaddling blanket” is a current concept, but take a look at verse 7…..Mary wrapped baby Jesus in “swaddling clothes”  now is that awesome or what!  2012 years ago, Mary wrapped Jesus in a “swaddling blanket.”  When I read that this morning….a quiet peace and warmth went over me……I thought of baby Jesus wrapped tightly, looking like a little burrito, just like my precious Tucker…..Oh my……that’s when the “light” came on….the LIGHT of Jesus LOVE……the LIGHT of JESUS LOVE “swaddles” us….He takes us in His arms and wraps us ever so tightly….cuddles us…comforts us….protects us…forgives us…..Swaddled in His arms we are at peace, calm and secure….Thank you Father for the gift of Your only Son….for Your love that swaddles us in His Perfect love….Your Son the light of the world!  And Father, thank you for the precious gift of grandchildren and great grandchildren. 
4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)
5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.
6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered.
7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
Jesus said, “A new command I give you:  Love one another.  As I have loved you, so you must love one another.  John 13:34.  Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.  Ephesians 5:2.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  Psalm 33:21.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment