Thursday, December 6, 2012

December 6, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Time to sing His praise, Thursday!  Last night our Administrator and Directors hosted a Christmas party for all of us in the Housing Division.  Lots of food, music, games and tons of prizes!  We were each given a ticket when we got there and all through the evening tickets were drawn.  We all sat on the edge of our seats hoping our number was called!  Some at our table won…some didn’t….but we all had a good time.  This morning a friend that sat with me, told me she got the greatest prize last night…..kind of odd, I thought, since her number was never drawn…..As she began to tell me her story, I got goose bumps…..she kept company with an angel….I am just sure of it….As she was leaving the party she was approached by a young woman, she just figured she was a co-worker; she asked if she could get a ride to the Dollar Store to get some medicine, that she was really sick and it was a long walk…..my friend moved things out the front seat and the young girl got in.  My friend asked her which department she worked in and she told her “oh I don’t work, I just go to college.”  At this point I think I may have been a little nervous and my friend said she had never done anything like this before, but she just started the car and headed to the Dollar Store.  The young stranger was at awe with my friend’s car…said she had never seen anything so fancy, especially loved her heated seat…..They chatted on the way to the store and when they got there my friend asked her if she had money for medicine.  She told her she had $3 and when she called the store they said that should be enough.  My friend said she was compelled to open her purse and give her more money…..the girl insisted she couldn’t take it, but my friend kept telling her she wanted her to have it….the young girl finally gave in and they parted ways. And the young girl said, “God bless you.”  My friend said she felt an overwhelming sense of peace and happiness and had not been afraid for one second……When her husband called her later he asked her how the party was….”did you win anything?”  She joyfully told him, “I won the greatest prize of all!”  After explaining the situation to him, he had to agree….she told me she slept all night, for the first time in years…….I told her you had the company of an angel……we were both crying by this time……crying because she had taken a giant leap of faith and Jesus caught her in His arms……Jesus is the Reason….for every Season.  Father, strengthen our faith so that we are always ready to take the leap for You!  And thank you for special angels that let us know how very blessed we are.

Jesus said, “Then the King will say to those on this right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a strange and you invited me in, (gave me a ride and money for medicine)….Then the righteous will answer him, Lord when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink?.....The king will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.”  Matthew 25:34-40.  Be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you.  1 Samuel 12:24.  We live by faith, not by sight.  2 Corinthians 5:7.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment