Wednesday, December 12, 2012

December 12, 2012

Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His Loving arms, Wednesday!  Burrr….word of the week don’t you agree!  There’s no heat in our bedroom, so usually when it’s as cold as it was yesterday we crack the door just a little in the evening to cut the chill a bit.  For some reason neither one of us thought of it last night, so when I went in to get in bed….YIKES, it was freezing!  We have a memory foam mattress which is ordinarily quite soft and comfy, but last night with the room so cold, the bed was hard as a rock.  I had to laugh when I plopped myself down…..that thing did not give…..solid….hard, like I said, hard as a rock!  Good thing about the memory foam though,  is that it warms up real fast; wasn’t but just a minute and I was laying there warm and relaxed cuddled in the comfort of my cozy mattress.  As I lay there, dozing off to sleep, my thoughts turned to another ROCK….A favorite hymn came to mind…”On Christ the solid rock I stand….”   Snuggled there in my warm bed…..I thought gosh…..Christ is my SOLID ROCK…..I can “plop” on Him anytime, anywhere, for any reason and He takes me, all of me, body, mind, spirit…..His love warms me, relaxes me as He cuddles me in His loving arms…..Ahhh, Sweet Jesus……I feel You here with me……Thank you for being our Rock, warming and cuddling us with Your Perfect Love!  And I ask today, dear Jesus….please cuddle those around me that are sad or hurting….missing a loved one….troubled….stressed……depressed….Even though this is the happiest time of the year….so many hearts are sad…..heavy with this life…..Thank you for wrapping Your arms around them and filling them with Your Peace……You are our Solid Rock…..

Be at rest once more,  O My soul, for the Lord has been good to you.  Psalm 116:7.  Come to me, all you are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  Matthew 11:28-29.  Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Isaiah 40:31.  Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.  Psalm 43:5.  Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!  In His great mercy He has given us now birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.  1 Peter 1:3.  May the Lord of peace Himself give you peace at all time and in every way.  2 Thessalonians 3:16.  Submit to God and be at peace with Him…Job 22:21.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment