Friday, December 21, 2012

December 20, 2012


Good Afternoon (I was in class this morning) Friends! Thankfully His, Thursday! This morning, not far into my commute I saw….well smelled first, a skunk that had been run over…..Once I got over the smell, I couldn’t help but notice how beautiful the skunk was….shiny black coat with the bright white stripe….so very pretty to look at….but the smell, oh my goodness. As I drove by him, I had a silly thought…..I look like a skunk today…..all dressed in black and white…sure hope I don’t smell as bad as he does…..Well, my mind didn’t stop there….skunks are so pretty to look at, but they smell so bad and they will eat my chicken’s eggs and even kill the chickens…..so pretty to look at, but……not so pretty in so many ways…..Hmm….didn’t I just say I look like a skunk today…..Do we look prettier on the outside than what’s inside of us, inside our hearts and minds? Do we put off an offensive odor of arrogance, greed, or unconcern? Are we more concerned about putting up the biggest tree, elaborate decorations, and buying the fanciest presents, so that we “look pretty” rather than sharing simple acts of love…..Christmas is the greatest LOVE….God gave us HIS Son…..He does not care about how pretty we look on the outside…..He cares about what’s inside….inside our hearts and minds…..He wants us to ooze with the sweet fragrance of His love penetrating the hearts and minds of everyone around us, especially those that might be sad or lonely, hurting….in need of a sweet little Christmas miracle….a touch of love from our Heavenly Father from the inside! Heavenly Father fill us with Your love and faithfulness so that we are pretty for You on the inside.
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting, but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. Proverbs 31:30. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that our your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gently and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful. 1 Peter 3:3-5. The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart. 1 Samuel 16:7. A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones. Proverbs 15:30. Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun....Psalm 37:4-6
 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment