Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 26, 2012


Good Morning Friends! Wondrously wrapped in His loving arms Wednesday! “I’m dreaming of a white Christmas…….” I am sure you recognize that old familiar tune and I wonder how many times we heard people say, “Oh I hope we have a white Christmas or I’d give anything if it snows on Christmas.”? Well, here in Oklahoma those dreams of a white Christmas came true! And yes, I must say, that yesterday sitting in the living room, big fire in the wood stove, sappy Hallmark Christmas movie on TV, watching it snow….watching the dry brown pastures turn a pure, magical white was wonderful…..Pure like the baby born in the manager on that first Christmas night……I could feel His love wrapped around me….His peace filling my heart and mind…...lifting my spirit in joy and praise…blessings abounding…..joy, love and peace…..Later in the day we headed to Cooper and Katy’s for dinner and an evening of family fun….more love, more blessings….We started for home, still snowing a bit and so cold; the roads were already beginning to ice up and temperature was dropping…..couldn’t help and wonder about driving to work in the morning. At 1:30 am I got up to go potty, so I called the weather line for work….offices would not open till 10 am….that meant driving conditions were worse…..the Christmas dream was quickly becoming a nightmare…..Roads were one big sheet of ice this morning, cars were slipping off roads into the ditch, accidents everywhere…..utter chaos…….Oh how easy it is too lose our Christmas peace when life gets chaotic….when the bills, pile up, relationships cause pain, sickness, and sorry over take us…..we feel lost and forsaken.....This is when we need to go to the manger…..humbly kneel and give ourselves over to Jesus…..be still and feel His perfect love wrap you close……close your eyes and be filled with HIS peace……Christmas is not just one day of the year……CHRISTmust…..live in our hearts and minds everyday…….when He is there….in our hearts……He can quickly comfort us when the ice storm of worldly woes overtake us….Father, help us keep Jesus in our hearts and minds every day, in every way…….help us to glow with His love, warming everyone around us.
And suddenly there was with the angel, a multitude of heavenly host, praising God and saying, “Gory to God in the highest and on earth, PEACE, goodwill toward men. Luke 2:13-14. Jesus said, “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27. I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell I safety. Psalm 4:8. The Lord gives strength to His people; the Lord blesses His people with peace. Psalm 29:11. The peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7.
 
Merry CHRISTmas! Love you all! (be safe)

No comments:

Post a Comment