Thursday, January 31, 2013

January 31, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Thankfully His, Thursday!!!!  Although I have been a great advocate of the benefits of regular exercise for years, the last year I have been a bit of a slacker and my body reminds me every day!  So after lots of kicking myself, I am bound and determined to get after it and really work on some problem areas so I went to a sweet friend that is really an exercise guru!  After just a couple of emails, a few conversations, and a couple of demonstrations I am soooo excited about my new routine!  I printed out all my emails at home reading and rereading so I was ready this morning to give it a whirl…..it feels so good….a little change and I am rejuvenated!  As I sat in my chair early this morning, getting ready to spend some time with our Heavenly Father a thought hit me hard…..Maybe I have been a bit of a slacker in my spiritual life too….maybe I need some rejuvenating spiritual “exercises” to shape up my life as God’s child…..hmmm…I opened my study book and guess what verse popped out at me….”Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.”  Romans 12:1.  Well me oh my….imagine that…….couldn’t be much clearer could it…..kind of like really looking in the mirror at the flab hanging from my arms……Oh Father, sorry I have been a spiritual slacker….renew by spiritual zeal through more time with You in word, prayer and Christian fellowship.  I pray that all I do will serve You and bring glory to You.  And Father I ask your blessings on my new physical exercise too.  Thank you.

But be sure to fear the Lord and serve Him faithfully with all your heart; consider what great things He has done for you.  1 Samuel 12:24.  It is the Lord our God you  must follow, and Him you must revere.  Keep His commands and obey Him; serve Him and hold fast to Him.  Deuteronomy 13:4.   Pay attention to my wisdom, listen well to my words of insight, that you may maintain discretion and your lips may preserve knowledge.  Proverbs 5:1-2.  I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.  Psalm 32:8.  Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5.  I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who has given me strength, that He considered me faithful, appointing me to His service.  1 Timothy 1:12.

Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment