Saturday, June 29, 2013

June 29, 2013

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!!!  A couple weeks ago a new friend at church shared a concern with me about a situation with her husband.  They had been attending a monthly luncheon in their community for the past few months; she looked so happy as she expressed how much they were enjoying it and then her expression changed as she told me that her husband did not want to go anymore because he was afraid they might ask him to lead a prayer.  She was so disappointed….we visited a bit more and then I told her I would prayer about her situation.  Last Sunday, I had a chance to visit with her again and  told her  I had been praying for her and her husband.  Her response surprised me….”Oh there are so many big things to pray for, you don’t need to pray for that.”  I reassured her that, indeed her situation was important and I would continue to pray.  She has been on my mind ever since our conversation……I feel sad to think that she didn’t think her situation was important enough to bring to our Heavenly Father in prayer……Oh my….how silly we so often are….how we underestimate His love, His omnipotent powers, His mercy and grace……Our Heavenly Father knows how many hairs we have on our heads…..every concern that we have….however small it may seem is important to HIM….if it bothers us…..it bothers HIM!!!  From broken fingernails to broken relationships…….tension headache to terminal illness….a few pennies short for a soda to bankruptcy……HE KNOWS…..HE CARES…..Our Best Friend….Take it to the Lord in Prayer!  Father….thank you for knowing our concerns before we do…..humble us to come to You and give you the glory.
 
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways,” declares the Lord.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and My ways higher than your ways and My thoughts than your thoughts.”  Isaiah 55:8-9.  The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.  The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.  A righteous man may have many troubles, but the Lord delivers him from them all; He protects all his bones, not one of them will be broken.  34:17-20.  If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.  Matthew 21:22.  Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.  Matthew 7:7-8.  This is the confidence we have in approaching God:  that if we ask ANYTHING according to His will, He hears us.  And if we know that He hears us---WHATEVER we ask—we know that we have what we asked of Him.  1 John 5:14-15. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment