Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Driving Through Life in the Dark

Good Morning Friends!  Totally His, Tuesday!  So, how do you like this time change?  Most people are griping about it….messed up their sleep, dark too early…I didn’t like feeding my critters in the dark last night, but I am loving driving to work in the light!  The last couple of weeks before the time change, it was plum dark on my drive in and there’s just something about driving to work in the dark that I am not crazy about.  Have to be so careful watching for deer and all the other critters out and about and frankly my vision isn’t that good in the dark, so I am really enjoying my morning drive the last couple of days.  Even today, with the clouds and rain, it was still light….makes my drive so much less stressful.  “Oh Father,”  I felt the familiar tap….”Oh yes…..I do get it.  Driving with You to light our way, the stresses are much easier to handle.”  So much of the time we drive through our lives stressed out, worried, anxious about the future, concerned about the present, troubled about our kids, family, friends, work…..dark….we are trying to drive through life in the dark….Why do we do that….we just cause ourselves so much grief and heartache that could so easily be avoided if we turned on the LIGHT!  The LIGHT of hope, peace, and love that is ours for the asking if we just go to HIM….the LIGHT of the world….the LIGHT for our lives, each one of us….individually….When we go to HIM through prayer and His word we are surrounded with LIGHT….our drive because much less stressful…oh there will always be potholes and critters to watch out for, but you will have the LIGHT of the WORLD to guide you through.  Father, thank you for lighting our way.
 
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His WONDERFUL LIGHT.  1 Peter 2:9  When Jesus spoke t the people, He said, “I am the LIGHT of the world.  Whoever follows me will never walk in the darkness, but will have the LIGHT of LIFE.”  John 8:12.  Come, O house of Jacob, let us walk in the light of the Lord.  Isaiah 2:5.  The sun will no more be your light by day, nor will the brightness of the moon shine on you, for the Lord will be your everlasting light, and your God will be your glory.  Isaiah 60:19.  The Lord is my LIGHT and my salvation—whom shall I fear?  The Lord is the stronghold of my life—of whom shall I be afraid?  Psalm 27:1. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment