Friday, November 22, 2013

Emotional Intelligence

Good Morning Friends!  Forever His, Friday!  Yesterday I attended a customer service class entitled “Emotional Intelligence.”  The main gist was how we use our emotions to best serve our customers and co-workers, including tips to recognize and deal most effectively with their emotions.  I really enjoyed the class, learned some new things about myself and others that I will apply in my job, but it wasn’t until this morning, while reading a meditation with a quote from Martin Luther King, Jr. that I realized the lesson I learned in class yesterday, certainly doesn’t just apply to my job!  King said, “The time is always right to do what is right.”  Wow! …..One more time, “The time is always right to do what is right.”  That was the very essence “Emotional Intelligence”  it’s always right to give the very best service that we can….always.  Sitting in my chair this morning, pondering King’s quote…..I realized that God’s lesson for us is “emotional intelligence”…… Treat others as you want to be treated, love our neighbor as ourselves, do what is right in God’s eyes…..be kind and compassionate to one another. Eph. 4:32…. be devoted to one another in brotherly love.  Honor one another above yourselves.  Rom. 12:10……Father, clear our hearts, minds and desires of the “me, me, me” attitude and replace it with “Emotional Intelligence” of YOU…..Love each other as YOU loved us!
 
As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.  Live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave Himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.  Ephesians 5:2.  The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness.  Galatians 5:22.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.  1 John 4:12.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment