Thursday, November 21, 2013

Giving Thanks Day


 
Good Morning Friends!  Wonderfully wrapped in His love, Wednesday!  Well, better late than never, Kathyrn and I finally finalized our plans for Thanksgiving last night….Not a big crowd, but still good to be organized right!  Everybody is talking about their plans, all the sale papers full of ads for turkey, ham, cranberries, pumpkin, stuffing, you know all the good traditional stuff….Thanksgiving…….I was thinking this morning that the name of the day needs to be changed to “Giving Thanks Day.”  Giving thanks….oh how slack I can be in that department…..This morning I was reading in the book of Acts, Paul was talking to the people of Ephesus about his work there and encouraging them to carry on in the faith when he leaves…..it was the words of our Savior, he quoted, that got me to thinking, “It is more blessed to give than to receive.”  Acts 20:35.  Blessed to give….think about it….These are the words of the GRANDEST GIVER of all time!!!!  He gave HIS LIFE for us….HIS LIFE…..and says, “It is more blessed to GIVE than to receive”  That thought is almost incomprehensible to me……We received the gift of Eternal Life and He is blessed…..I feel, sad at my smallness, but energized to GIVE more….starting with THANKS…..I am blessed with so much and yet so often complain, envy, feel discontent……I am giving thanks that for that I am forgiven for each of those….thankful that I have a chance to do better……thankful for food, clothes, a warm home, car that starts, a good job….especially thankful for the love and support of family friends in this life……thankful that I have so much to give…..and thankful that my giving will be blessed through the love of our Heavenly Father.  Father, help me to always be a cheerful giver, I simply share what you have given me.  Thank you Father for the GREATEST GIFT.
 
Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful give.  (what more motivation do we need).  And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.  As it is written; “He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.”  2 Corinthians 9:7-9.  Shout for joy to the Lord, all the earth.  Worship the Lord with gladness; come before Him with joyful songs.  Know that the Lord is God.  It is He who made us, and we are His; we are His people, the sheep of His pasture.  Enter His gate with thanksgiving and His courts with praise; give thanks to Him and praise His name.  For the Lord is good and His love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations.  Psalm 100.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment