Monday, November 11, 2013

Putting God's Teachings Into Practice: Philippinas 4:8

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty is our God, Monday!  This morning my time in God’s word led me to Philippians 4:8, Paul’s words here really got me to thinking, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”  Wow, you might want to read that again….true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent, or praiseworthy…..simple words at first glance but Paul encourages us think about them, in verse 9 he says, “put into practice” all we have heard from him…..I have read that verse a hundred times I’m sure, but this morning the words really spoke to me…..I had to think of my actions…..gosh yesterday at church I snapped at a friend….plain rude…..nothing lovely or admirable for sure….As I finished reading and began my prayer time….I decided I was really going to work at having my thoughts and actions reflect Paul’s advice to us…..while sitting in the quiet of the morning, praying, it was easy….talking to God is the one time of day that my thoughts are right and pure….but then the morning began, time to get on the floor and do my exercises….I felt a grumble coming on….and not a lovely one…..a discussion with Kim about a problem we are having with neighbor caused thoughts that were definitely not noble….A call from Cooper warning me of the thick fog, strongly suggesting I leave early for work…..got me in a rush and my actions weren’t praiseworthy.  Getting into the car and heading out I could tell it was going to be a slow go….Immediately I felt grumpy and anxious…..irritated at the thick fog and the dangers it could present….Then I heard Him…..felt Him…..my thoughts…..that were not praiseworthy, or admirable or pure…..were slipping away…as I focused on our Father….His presence and love…my not so admirable thoughts changed…as I listened to HIM….leaned on Him…..talked to Him…..my thoughts could be right, pure…..lovely…..The praiseworthy….giving that one to our Heavenly Father!  He is the ONE holding me up, leading and guiding me….to HIM all glory and praise!!!!  Father, forgive us when our thoughts and actions are not a reflection of You……help us!
 
The Lord knows the thoughts of man;   Psalm 94:11a. Be kind and compassionate to one another.  Ephesians 4:32.  As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.  Colossians 3:12.  You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence, with eternal pleasures at Your right hand.  Psalm 16:11.  Come, let us sing for joy to the Lord; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.  Let us come before Him with Thanksgiving and extol Him with music and song.  For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all Gods.  Psalm 95:1-3. 
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment