Monday, November 4, 2013

Is Your Worship Off Track?

Good Morning Friends!  Mighty awesome is our God, Monday!  Our church organist was out of town yesterday, so in her absence, Pastor ( he’s quite a good organist as well) recorded the whole service, liturgy and hymns on our awesome organ.  I don’t understand it all, but he records everything in order and then someone (Deb you’re the best) pushes the buttons at just the right time and we have our music!  It had been awhile since we had been without our awesome organist, so we were a bit rusty at the routine.  We are so programed by our organist to have just the right music at just the right time…so we go through the service virtually thought free….Yesterday, however things were not quite so on track…..during the liturgy we would all be doing as usual…singing with no thought when all of a sudden there would be no music….I have never heard so many deep breaths getting ready to belt out the words….big breath and nothing….the organ had not caught up with us…time and time again we would flub up….just not thinking….so used to things just going as they are supposed to.  At one point I looked up at Deb at the organ and we had to smile that “oops” smile at each other.  At that point I thought….my gosh, think Kathie…..you are in church, your worship should not be routine….use the pauses to reflect on God’s love, to thank Him for the blessings of the day, for the joy of being in His house, for His grace and forgiveness.  Use the pauses to bless Him….I enjoyed the rest of the service so much, looking forward for a chance to pause, to rest in His love and say, Thank you Father…..As I left church I asked our Father to help me to consciously pause throughout my days….to take a break, find rest and peace in Him, to thank and praise Him every chance I get!  Father, help us to never take You and the blessings you provide for us for granted….Thank you for the rest you provide when we come to You.  All glory and honor to You!
 
He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1.  Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him.  Psalm 62:5.  The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”  Exodus 33:14.  Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you.  Psalm 116:7.  Taste (pause) and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.  Psalm 34:8.  That everyone may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all his toil—this is the gift of God.  Ecclesiastes 3:13.  Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in Him, rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7.
Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment