Thursday, February 18, 2016

Created in His image









Good Morning Friends!  Totally HIS Thursday!!!!  Recently, a good friend of mine has been in a real funk.  Now, this isn’t real unusual for her, but this time the funk seems to be lingering and leading her to places, in her mind, that are not good for her.  She is important to me, so this really upsets me, I just want her to feel good from the inside out.  I pray for her all the time and try to encourage and uplift her, but she is just stuck in a bad place….yesterday she told me, “I am bad.”  Wow, that hit me hard….criticizing herself to the point of saying she is bad.  I immediately told her…”NO, you are not bad, you are good!”  She replied, “I am not good.”  As I stopped to send up another prayer for her, the thought came to me……She is God’s child, a child of our Heavenly Father, HE made her…..”For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”  Psalm 139: 13-14.  Wow friends, when we pick on ourselves we are criticizing our Heavenly Father….That really hurts to think that when I moan about my big nose, short legs, flabby belly I am telling our Father, He messed up…..Let’s look at it from Genesis 1:27…”So God created mankind in His own image, in the image of God He created them; male and female He created them.”  How about that…..we, you and me, were created by God in His image….Shame on us for criticizing not only ourselves, but others too….shame on us….Our Father wants us to Praise HIM….HE made us because HE loves us and HE wants us to love others like we love ourselves!  So, before we start picking others or ourselves apart, let’s stop and remember where we came from and then offer up a big thank you and Praise HIM for our fantastic bodies!  Now, when I say fantastic I don’t meant that we are all in perfect shape….nope we still have a responsibility there to try and eat right and get plenty of exercise….because….”do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?....therefore honor God with our body.”  1 Corinthians 6:19.  We honor God by taking good of ourselves and helping out our friends in a funk!  Father, forgive us when we want to criticize, helps us to remember we are Yours.  Enable us to take good care of what You give us and to honor you by reaching out to others when they need a lift!

Why are you downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God.  Psalm 42:11.  Do to others as you would have them do to you.  Luke 6:31.  May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13. 
Love you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment