Wednesday, February 10, 2016

The 'Perfect Mentor'

Good Morning Friends!  Wise and Wonderful Wednesday!  My husband has been doing a small construction job with a young man in our neighborhood.  They work together quite often and David loves to tease Kim about teaching him (Kim has a life of working experience and he likes to share).  Kim said the other day as they got started, David said, “Well are you going to teach me anything today?”  Kim laughed, but went on to share some stories about the “job” things he tries to help David learn to make the job easier and more efficient.  I chuckled to myself, Kim is mentoring David. He shared how he told David to take care of his tape measure.  They were finishing up for the day and it had been kind of a damp day so Kim told David that when he got home, he needed to pull the tape measure all the way out wiping it with a try cloth and then spray it with WD-40.  David looked at him kind of funny, so Kim continued, “keeps it from rusting and locking up.”  David just shook his head, “I had to throw away 2 good tapes because they were rusted shut!”  Kim just laughed and told him “I’m just trying to help you and make things easier.”  As I listened to Kim telling me about his time with David, how he was mentoring him, helping to get the job done easier, with less problems, it hit me…..Oh my….”Yes Father, we have the ‘Perfect Mentor’…..YOU!  Like David on the job we can make things so much harder than they need to be!  If we would simply pay attention to what You tell us in Your word our job of life could be so much less stressful, we could avoid so many troubling “issues” if we would, “Cast all your anxiety on God because He cares for you.” I Peter: 5:7.  We want to just barrel in without thinking…not trusting that God has us covered if we trust in HIM….blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in HIM.  He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream.  It does not fear when heat (or sickness, or financial problems, or work) comes; its leaves are always green.  It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”  Jeremiah 17:7-8.  No worries….wouldn’t that be great…I know since we are the weak humans we are, that we will always tend to worry some, but really friends we don’t need to let our lives be consumed with worry!  Our Father, if we go to HIM, and really, really trust in HIM, we can really, really let go of the yucky stuff and let HIM guide us!  I promise, I wouldn’t steer you wrong on this, I know it’s not easy, but gosh when we do it….
"The Lord gives strength to His people (that’s us….you and me); the Lord blesses blesses HIS people with peace.  Psalm 29:11.  “Submit to God and be at peace with Him; in this way prosperity will come to you.  Job 22:21.  Really!!!  I wouldn’t steer you wrong on this….nope steering you right into HIS loving arms and PERFECT PEACE!  “May the God of Peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  2 Thessalonians 3:16. 
Love you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment