Friday, February 12, 2016

Hand out Valentines every day

Good Morning Friends!  Forever loved by HIM Friday!  Yesterday after work I had to go to Walmart to pick up a cake and  cupcakes for Cooper and Katy’s Valentine parties today.  Kathyrn has been running crazy, so I wanted to help her out just a bit.  Wow! I barely got in the door without running into a massive display of flowers, bouquets in all colors and sizes……and big signs with hearts and the word LOVE plastered all over them.  A little farther into the store were huge displays of heart-shaped cookies and  cupcakes, red, white and pink ones shouting out….LOVE.  I made my way to the bakery and got the cake….once again red hearts, love ornaments stuck in the corners, love oozing from every direction….I cautiously made my way down the Valentine “things” aisle….could have been dangerous if I wasn’t careful, but Katy wanted rings to put on her cupcakes, so I bravely forged my way…..Red, pink, white, LOVE screaming from every shelf.  I found the rings, and headed out to finish my shopping and get out of there…what a mad house.  The whole store jammed with things that are supposed to represent “love.”  Now don’t get me wrong, I enjoy Valentine’s Day myself, from heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast to heart-shaped meatloaf  for dinner and everything in between, but on the way home my thoughts were consumed with……well, Our Heavenly Father……LOVE…..real love…..I was drawn to 1 John 4:7-12… "Dear friends, let us love one another for love comes from God.  Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God.  Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.  This is how God showed His love among us:  He sent His one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him.  This is love:  not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son as atoning sacrifice for our sins.  Dear friends, since God so loved us, we also out to love one another.  No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and His love is made complete in us.”  This is what it’s all about….REAL LOVE…..and not just HIM loving us and us loving HIM…..but we must love each other….So go ahead, have a Happy Valentine’s Day, but don’t stop there…..hand out valentines every day…we don’t need fancy boxes of candy, expensive bouquets of flowers, or heart-shaped cookies to say, “Hey, Jesus Loves you and so do I!”  Nope, a simple smile goes a long, long, way….or how about holding the door open for someone, or simply listening when you think you don’t have time, sharing the cookies from your lunch, helping a child with homework, and my favorite, a big old hug….Wow, the healing and love that can flow through a hug…. most definitely God given!  Use your imagination…..just don’t miss a chance to share because, “love is of God”  and HE wants us to be all about it.   “Keep on loving each other.”  Hebrews 13:1.  Father fill us with a love-giving spirit….always.
 
I want to leave you with a quote from Max Lucado, “No matter what you do, no matter how far you fall, no matter how ugly you become, God has a relentless, undying, unfathomable, unquenchable love from which you cannot be separated.  Ever!!!”   Real Love….love you all, have a wonderful weekend.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment